Chapter nine

A few weeks later we after I had woken up I guess from my long sleep a group of zombies came close to our house, but we were able to draw them away, "Seems like we're safe again for now," Trey said as he sat down next to Alexis, "Well are we going to talk about the fact that you allowed this guy who tried killing me into our group!" I was still mad about the fact they had let him in without even questioning him about anything. I looked at everyone as they all seemed to be protecting him, "Well!" I shouted as I stood in front of him, "Kat, sit down he's no danger to us anymore and he was the one who saved you," Alexis said taking my hand, "Oh well I would have rather died," I paused, "Katherine," Zack said looking at me, "Let's just give him a chance," James said looking at him. I truly wanted his head on the ground for what he did, but everyone wanted him to stay. Looking at him he seemed nice, but that very night I can still remember very well, "Fine, but one wrong move and I'll your pretty little head off!" I said as I walked out the house, "Katherine!" Zack called after me, "I know,' I said looking up at him, "I promised I wouldn't have these suicidal thoughts or even try it, but I can't help it," I admitted, "Kat, I will do everything I can to keep you safe," Zack vowed has he took my hands in his.

            His touch was gentle and even though I knew I was bound to get hurt, I figured I had nothing left to lose so why not try, "I think our lives all together are coming to an end honestly," Zack added breaking the silence, "Might be, but we won't know why our times up. For all we know we could all die right now," I replied as the wind started picking up. The sky was a dark grey as the clouds rolled in hiding the sun from us, "Seems like a bad storm," Zack sighed as we both looked out towards the sky, "I have a bad feeling," I mumbled as we headed back in.

            With every storm something bad always happens, and this time who knows what would happen now, "Let's all just call it a night," James said slamming his bed room door shut, "Zack?" I said looking up at him, "You can sleep with me," He smiled at me.

        Lying next to Zack had seemed to calm me for now, but this feeling wouldn't go away, "Are you asleep?" I asked as I rolled over to look at him. There he laid facing me sound asleep looking cute and sweet. As I got closer to him I could feel him breathing softly on my lips, "I love you Zack," I whispered as I kissed him, "You know this is considered rape," He laughed as he tighten his arms around me. I looked at him and smiled. It was nice to have him with me. I felt a wave of calmness rush over me as he held me there. Sometimes this world brought good things to you, but even then most of the good would end up dead or taken away from you.

        The storm had come in overnight while we were all asleep, the first loud thunder woke us all up, "Feel's like the house is shaking too," Zack said grabbing the flash light. Another light shone from under the door, "You guys awake?" Alexis asked as she opened the door, "Everyone is awake and sitting outside," I looked at her as if she was crazy, "Are you really that stupid to be out there?" I laughed, "Maybe," She smiled as she closed the door behind her. I laid there next to Zack still holding him, "Katherine," Zack said as he planted a kiss on my cheek, "Let's go," Zack pulled me out of bed and down to the porch where everyone was standing, "It's pretty bad huh?" Brandon said as he stood next to me, "Yeah I guess," I had an uneasy feeling standing next to him, "I'm sorry Kat I just want you to know that," He replied as he walked away. Zack looked at me with a face expression I have never saw before, "I don't like that kid," He hissed as we all headed back inside.

       The storm only got worse over time making this old house leak and bring more and more walkers our way, "Katherine, you and Alexis are taking the zombies out in the back," Trey said handing us only an axe and knife, "Great, and just how many are there?" I asked puzzled, "About five or less," He replied as he grabbed his knife, "Easy," He added leaving us there. I looked at Alexis, "You sure you can do this?" She asked as we started walking out, "I'll be fine," I lied as we went running towards them. Coming closer to them Alexis started to slow down, "They don't look like walkers Kat," She paused as she reached for her axe, "Katherine, Alexis, come back! They have weapons!" James shouted running towards us, "Please wait!" A voice called out as we stood in the rain, "Katherine run!" Trey shouted holding the door open for us, "Let's go," Alexis said as she grabbed my arm pulling me back to the house.