Chapter Eleven

*Dream*
The screams and moans filled my ears as i was brought back to a night filled with horror. I looked over at Sean and felt something yank me back. The way the building around us stood covered in moss and vines, and the grey sky made the whole setting a lot scarier. If you closed your eyes you could see the people around you get there neck bitten off and their arms covered in teeth marks with skin missing. As these screams filled my ears i looked over at Sean and reached for him. He didn't move nor was he breathing but my body wouldn't listen. I could almost hear him growling and snarling, i could see the blood gushing out his wound and his mouth dripping with blood that wasn't his. The noise faded away as he turned to face me with his blood shot eyes and bloody face. He snarled at me as he charged to me.
     I landed backwards as his mouth reached for my body. I turned to face the other way when blood spilled from his mouth onto my chest while his hands clenched onto the arms. Sean wasn't the Sean i had wanted to see, but as i looked back at him he was gone. Once i stood up i looked around waiting for something
to happen, but i knew this was only a dream.
*End of Dream*
As i woke up i felt pain in my heart and as i looked over to my right i sat in shock as Sean sat there. Maybe i was still dreaming but they way he looked at me made me wish he was almost real. I could feel tears swelling up in my eyes and i reached out for him, but he faded away as my hand touched his. I closed my eyes again and laid back down trying to forget his face, but all i thought about was why now? Why was i seeing him now when it had been months since i last saw him alive. I looked back at the spot where he was sitting and still nothing was there.
   I felt Zack place his hand on my leg as he looked at me and smiled, but it soon faded as he saw the tears in my eyes, "Kat, whats wrong? What happen last night?" He said as he started to panic, "What did we do? Did i hurt you?" He grabbed my hand as i started to laugh, "It was just a bad dream," i lied. I looked at him and faked a smile, "Kat, are you sure?" He asked again before i stood up, "Promise, but we better go check on the others," I walked out the room and saw Alexis waiting for me along with Trey, "How was last night?" She laughed at me, but i just rolled my eyes and walked away, "Hey! What's your problem Kat?" She hissed as i walked into the bar area, "Can you just back off for a dam second man!" I yelled as i pushed her away, "Yo!" Zack ran over pulling me back away from her, "The hell is wrong with you Kat?" He firmly held onto my arms as he tried to catch my gaze, "Let me go!" Alexis yelled at Trey as he suddenly let go of her.

   I pushed away Zack and headed back towards the storage room trying to calm myself down, but each time I closed my eye's all I could see was Sean standing in front of me, "Hey," Brandon said as he walked in on me. I could feel his eyes on me as he sat down with me. My body felt like stone as i tried to move away, "Here," he handed me two little pink pills and a small cup of water, "It should help with how your feeling and if not i'll give you more," he sighed as his hands fell back onto his lap. The room was silent, the air around us was almost calm besides the feeling of being watched, "You know Kat we're all just looking out for each other," he paused and smirked, "If you react the way you did today again who knows what can happen next time," i rolled my eyes and looked at him. His face was dirty and his clothes were stained with dries up blood, but his eyes were soft and almost made me feel somewhat better, "You don't understand," i stood up and walked away with an empty feeling in my heart, i knew that if anything i had to change my ways before i did something that would put our group in danger.
   "We should start heading out soon before more walkers come," Alexis said as she gathered the little food and water we had left, "How long do you think this will all last us," Trey said placing his hands on the table holding himself up. Zack shook his head as we all looked at the table, "Two weeks worth of water left, and maybe five or less weeks of food," We all knew there wasnt enough and pretty soon we would have to resort to hunting which none of knew how to, "Lets start making weapons and see what we can get tonight," James said at last breaking the silence around us, "We're really reaching the end aren't we?" Zack mumbled as he held onto my hand, "Stop, we can make it," i wanted to believe what i had just said, part of me knew we could if all worked together, but i knew we were to late in the game, "Let's just pray we have an easy day today," Brandon laughed as he threw his back over his shoulder.
Night fell fast and before we knew it we were all huddle together under a tree with a single fire burning to keep us warm. The crackling of the wood made my feel calm and almost at peace. It was calming enough for my to clear my head and think about everything. Then again at the same time my head wanted to block all these moments and erase them for good, "Its amazing," Trey said as he took out a small bag of chips and passed them around. The crunching of the chips made my stomach growl louder as i ate one and then another, the saltiness making my mouth water, "Everything seems so calm right now," Alexis smiled as she looked at me. We still hadn't talked nor did we bother to say sorry to one another, but i knew she knew how i felt. Even if we weren't talking we both knew about the feelings we hid from each other, "We should sleep," Zack said as he laid back, "Night," everyone whispered at the same time.
Light, i could see a light in the fast east of the forest where we laid, but the light seemed miles away almost like those mysterious ghost lights people used to talk about. I closed my eyes and prayed it wasn't nothing more scary than a zombie out break, then again as i thought more about it i would much rather have a ghost outbreak than a zombie one. I laughed at my stupid thoughts as i rolled over to lay on my back. The fire was dim now and almost close to going out, "You awake?" Brandon whispered as he sat up, "Yeah," i whispered as i reached for my bottle of water. He looked at me and watched every movement i took, "Stop staring," i joked as we both laughed in silence, "I thought i heard a walked so i really couldn't sleep," he sighed, you could almost hear everyone heart beat in the dead silence of the world. There wasn't any birds chirping, no water flowing, the wind was still, and the only sound that was loud was the sound of the crackling twigs in the fire and Brandon's and mine steady voices when we talked. It had seemed like our world was being reborn at a slow rate. Most of the human race was gone and now the animals were slowly dying off one by one. Extinction of everything that lived and walked the earth was talked about once in my science class. We talked about it as the new earth, but i never thought i would live to see this day happen.
   Brandon looked back at me and smiled, "How long?" He asked as his eyes stared down into mine, "How long what?" I asked puzzled at his question. He laughed and sat up, "How long have you and Zack been together?" He looked away and waited, "Since the first day the outbreak happen. He was snipping walkers as i ran with my friend Sean and his little sister Kelly, if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have made it out," i paused waiting for him to say something, "He faked his death for me and Alexis, but back when we lost Kelly and Sean i was at the worst point in that time. I had no fight in me after i watched countless friends and family die right in front of me. It was almost gods way of punishing me, but i think it was more i could take. So if he wouldn't have saved me at the apartment that day, I honestly wouldn't be here with everyone," Brandon looked at me with pity in his eyes, "Im sorry Kat," i looked away and sighed, "But shes grown altogether," Alexis sighed as she sat up, "Shes become so much more than just the girl who lost the people she loves, shes more than anyone can ever be," Alexis voice shook as she smiled with tears in her eyes, "Seems like we woke up everyone," Brandon laughed as Zack and Trey sat up. I looked at everyone and for once my heart didn't feel so much pain and confusions, for once the people who sat with me here made me feel whole, "Wake James up man! He's missing this beautiful moment," Brandon joked as we laughed.
Even though the world was on its last strings of hope, i would die happy along side these people that have become my family. Morning broke and we headed out before any walkers headed our way and slowly made our way to the next burnt down city. Walking had put a strain on our feet with blisters and cuts only slowing us down each time but we always found a way to somehow ease the pain at least long enough to the next day.
   "Lets stay close together, who knows whats around here," We huddled close looking at our surroundings making sure to stay clear of any groups or walkers that we may come in contact  with, but it had been hours since either of us last seen one, "Why the hell is it so quiet today?" James asked, "This shit is making me paranoid," he groaned. Alexis looked at me as we stopped moving trying to hide ourselves under a single tree, "Where the hell are they at?" I question looking around for any signs of movement, but i saw nothing not even a single track of foot prints beside ours. I was panicking but i knew it wasn't only me who was worried, "Anyone have any idea on where they might be?" James said again before taking out his axe, "Lets keeps our eyes and ears open, and don't let your guard down," Trey said grabbing Alexis hand and pulling her away.
   The silence was scary during a time like this. Everything around us seemed so old and worn out it made this setting even scarier than what it should be, then again we had the living dead wanting to kill and eat us. The only thing that made it worse was the fact that not only were the walkers missing but also the animals. The wind was still and with that made dead silence beside the crunching of the dead grass underneath our feet, "This is really creepy," Alexis said before stopping, "This really doesn't seem right guys," I replied holding back Zack from moving another step, "We have to keep moving! We cant just stand here," James said as he took another step, "Guys please! This doesn't seem right!" Alexis screamed before James yelled as he flew forward, "Oh shit!" Trey slammed Alexis back and ran over to James who held onto the little pice of pipe tha was sticking out, "Seems like we found the walkers," Zack mumbled as they pulled him up, "We should listen...to the girl," James breathes heavily as he held his hand over his chest, "Lets go back," i said as we helped him up, "Crying out loud man, why cant we get break?" Alexis sighed.
   The moon hung sadly in the black sky above us as the guys started another fire, "Whats going to happen now?" i asked as we passed around a can of tuna, "Only thing we can do," Zack looked at me and reached for my hand, "We find another way around and keep moving forward," though that was all we had done was keep moving, we never actually tried to think of a way to stop the outbreak. Not saying we could pull it off, but would it have honestly hurt to try and save the last of us left? Crazy thoughts like this made me want to try, but the reality of it is that none of us besides Danny could have actually knew something about this.
Even though that mission impossible i would still hold out hope that we would maybe one day be saved. Turning away from that thought i was brought back to everyone talking and laughing, "When i was in high there was this one time i had confessed to this girl who was by the way more popular than i could ever be! So i went up to her not knowing any had a boyfriend or anything and asked her out. Well the next day i got a punch in the face and lunch thrown all over clothes," James laughed as he kept on about how his friends wanted to fight that man and so on about later meeting his girlfriend who he'd lost during the outbreak, "Dam man, i missed the old days," Trey looked up and smiled, "I miss everyone so much, even the dam teachers and my stupid drunken father," he paused, "Sorry to bring the mood down," he chuckled nervously. There was this little part of me that didn't want to go back to the old life i had, but i would do anything to have my mother holding me and my baby brother by my side holding my hand and being his funny self. I would die if it meant i could feel and love them again. Even if its for a second so i could tell them i love them, to hold them both one last time is all i really want.