Chapter 8

Thank you to those of you who commented, they meant so much! I really loved hearing your thoughts <3.

This chapter is dedicated to the beautiful KittyKatx3.

I know it's kind of nerve wracking to comment on a story that other people can see, so thank you for your bravery!

The next chapter will be dedicated to samsdwight23 and then the one after that is dedicated to michelek (thank you so much for your long comment; I would love to see your continued support!!!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mason’s breathing goes back to normal after a few minutes and I rest my head against the wall behind me, my breath ragged.

You just lost all hope of ever escaping, Lyla.

My head continues to taunt me and I swipe at the tears threatening to spill over.

I keep my eyes on Mason as he slowly sits up, rubbing at his chest and head. His head snaps to Daniel and he growls, his eyes narrowing.

“Calm down, Mason. I said what I had to, to get her to save you.”

“You do not talk to her like that, do you understand me?”

Daniel just rolls his eyes and pats Mason’s shoulder before standing up from his crouched position. “I get it, Mason.”

And with that, he turns on his heel and leaves Mason and me alone together.

“Lyla, I-“

“Don’t. Don’t talk to me.” I stand up and walk back into the room, about to shut the door.

Mason puts his foot between the door and shakes his head.

“I’m so sorry for leaving. I know you don’t like it here, Lyla; I know you don’t want to be here, with me. And because you’re my mate, you have no idea how much it pains me to see you in pain.. I left because I knew you’d be scared and angry, and I just wasn’t brave enough to see you like that.”

My heart heaves at his words and I get this odd feeling to throw my arms around him, but I resist.

“Mason, please just leave me alone.”

“I can’t do that.”

“For fucks sake-“

“You may be my mate, but I am still your Dom. It is my duty and honor to have you as my sub, and I simply cannot leave you alone.”

Is it bad that I like that? Is it bad that I like the fact he still wants me?

“Of course I want you, Lyla.”

Stupid werewolf power thing.

“I don’t get that... Can you always hear my thoughts?”

“No; I can mostly hear them when you’re not blocking them from me. When you’re angry or scared, your thoughts are usually cut off from me. And when you’re content, you’re thoughts are easily readable.”

I blush and look away, opening the door a little wider.

“I still don’t want to be here.” I grumble.

“And I wished I could do something about that.” He whispers, staring at me.

“Then do it, Mason. Just set me free.”

“I can’t do that, Lyla, please don’t ask that of me.”

“Why not? You’ll be the king soon, right?”