Chapter 2

"Does your wrist hurt?"

I glowered at him as my eye twitched.

Did my fuc-, yes it hurt. Having a huge barbarian break your arm is pretty painful.

"No, nah, I'm fine, pft."

I couldn't let these people know what effect they had on me.

"If you say so." He kept looking forward and shrugged as we walked up a long staircase.

I sighed and looked around as I followed behind him. There were a lot of picture frames of old men and as we walked higher, I noticed the king, queen and their sons appear. The pictures were taken in black and white, and they all seemed to be pretty young, around eleven or twelve. They looked into the camera with a serious expression, no emotion showing.

Huh. So I guess this is their, like.. Family shrine thingy.

He walked through a door and pulled me with him, closing and locking it behind him.

I suddered at the sound of the lock clicking.

"There are some rules you need to know, and you will be expected to follow said rules. If not, punishment will be applied."

I shivered at the thought of what the punishments could be.

Not eating for a week?

Being locked up in a dirty cell?

Being killed?

Being.. Sexually used?

"You look terrified and we haven't even started talking about the rules yet." He lowly chuckled out, taking a seat on a sofa.

I slowly walked to a chair and sat down, as far away from him as possible.

"Rule one, you don't sit unless you're given permission." He raised an eyebrow.

"Wow.. These rules must be really specific."

He glowered at me and shook his head. "Don't be smart with me, it's a rule that applies to everything. You can't do anything without permission."

"So I have to ask permission if I have to pee?"

A light blush covered his cheeks as he stared at me. "No.. That's not what I- ugh, let me just lay down the specific ones.

You are not allowed to eat, sleep, move about, sit, or talk without being spoken to first. You get that?"

I sighed and slowly nodded, looking to the side.

"Then stand up," he commanded, "I never said you could sit down, now did I?"

I quickly stood up and nervously played with my fingers. "Sorry."

"Good girl. Rule two, you are to always stay in my sight of vision unless you are sent to do something else, by me. You are not allowed to go off with anyone else, you must ask me first. But just because you ask does not mean your wish will be granted. Do you understand?"

Was he for real? Was this really my life from now on? Is this just a nightmare that I would wake up to, in a cold sweat?

"Yes" I whisper out, rolling my eyes.

"Was that attitude? Because I don't like attitude, Lyla."

"No, I'm sorry."

He sighed and titled his head to the side as he looked me up and down.

"Rule three, don't make eye contact with anyone."

"Does that include you?" I quietly asked.

"No. Not all the time."