Chapter Nineteen

PART THREE

Note: Sorry to say this will be a short chapter.

"He had seen his share of beautiful women in the overlong years he lived. Fengjiu wasn't necessarily the most beautiful, but fate was funny that way. All the beauties, no matter how alluring, were never able to leave an impression on him. Only her, whether her smile, whether her frown, whether her embarrassment, even when she made a face at him, he remembered it all. Each image was crystal clear in his mind." -Pillow Book, Book 1 page 313

He wasn't sure who he was anymore, Donghua or Wenchang. Now that he had Donghua's memories, it had been such a huge emotional battle for him. Whether he was Donghua or Wenchang, he knew both of his selves loved Fengjiu.

Dijun woke up in his old home Bihai Cangling, carrying Fengjiu's body. The place had been exactly as it had been in the painting that Seventy-Three had made. They had suffered damage from the power of the evil energy beneath the immortal punishment platform.

As expected, shaking Fengjiu was fruitless as her primordial spirit had already left her body. Reciting a healing spell, he fixed the external scrapes and bruising to her body, and then teleported them back to Taichen Palace. Despite the protection from his scabbard, she still sustained minor injuries on the outside. On the other hand, Dijun had suffered worse injuries due to the tremendous energy from the platform. His crimson ceremonial marriage robe had been reduced to tatters and ripped in different areas, and yet masked the severity of his injuries from view by another.

Dijun placed Fengjiu on her bed in her guest quarters in Taichen Palace and instructed Chong Lin to call for Siming, so that he may know what is written in Fengjiu's fate book since she was now in the mortal realm. Immediately, Chong Lin recognised the voice of the real Dijun. Dijun also instructed for Cheng Yu to take care of her old friend's body while he hunted her primordial spirit in the mortal realm, but those who knew were to keep it a secret. As Chong Lin left to carry out his instructions, he transferred part of his cultivation to Fengjiu's body to allow her to recuperate from her injuries. 

Cheng Yu was curious about his change in voice to that of Donghua and why he was in a tattered robe, but said nothing and obeyed his instructions to not leave her friend's side while he was not around. 

............................................................................

Dijun utilised the powers of the magnificient Miaohua Mirror in order to locate Fengjiu. As the mortal realm was made of billions of worlds, it would take time and thus, it was not guaranteed that it would be able to find her. When he used the Mirror, a bright light flashed across the Sky Kingdom, hence signalling to all the resident immortals that the most powerful immortal in the Realms had returned after more than sixty thousand years of seclusion, as they believed. The news spread across the Four Seas and Eight Deserts in no time.

The news of Dijun's return lured Liansong to the Miaohua Mirror, since it was only Donghua Dijun who was said to be able to operate the said artifact. As he approached the falls, he was hysterical to see the flashes of light coming from the falls. He ventured closer and was surprised to see the immortal which he recognised as Wenchang due to the braid in his hair, and said teasingly, " I just saw you have good walk yesterday, now you are married and look horrible in your wedding clothes. Don't tell me your in-laws ill-treated you?"

Dijun retorted with a nonchalant voice, "Liansong, if you don't shut your mouth, I will beat you up until your mouth is as crimson as my robe!"

Liansong was flabbergasted. "Dong...Hua?" He almost shrieked like a little girl. From that cold tone of voice, the familiar voice and the way he responded, he knew it was Donghua. It had never occurred to him that Donghua and Wenchang would turn out to be the same immortal. For a few seconds, he stood there as if frozen, confusedly staring at the Dijun but it didn't take him long to figure out the truth behind Donghua and Wenchang.