Chapter Four

It had been three months since Seventy-Three was struck by lightning, and every time he goes to sleep, he would continue to relive his nightmares. Mo Yuan decided that since the boy had a connection with Zhe Yan while in the Nine Heavens, then a visit to Zhe Yan would be in order.

........................................................

Meanwhile, Zhe Yan was in Qingqiu, checking up on the sleeping Fengjiu. He noted that it had been 1,500 years that she was in a deep slumber. Bai Qian had looked physically tired taking care of her all the while, and Ali had constantly been asking when his Sister Fengjiu would wake up.

Zhe Yan closely monitored Fengjiu's breathing and pulse, scanning her body for any changes since his last visit. He commented to the powerless Migu, a tree spirit who was Fengjiu's housekeeper in Qingqiu, that there had been no visible improvements since he last checked on her. Shortly after, he fetched a large porcelain vial from his sleeve and told Migu,"I've increased the dosage of her medication. Please feed her one pill a day. You should have ample supply before my next visit."

The loyal tree spirit bowed in reverence and gave him his word that he would do so, before receiving the vial with clasped hands. "Thank you, High God Zhe Yan."

Zhe Yan turned to Bai Zhen who was sitting in the corner and informed him that he would be going to the Kunlun Mountains next to check up on the boy, at the same time asking if Bai Zhen would like to join him. Bai Zhen declined, standing firm in his decision to stay in Qingqiu for now and assist his younger sister in handling all the matters of the kingdom that required her indulgence, since Fengjiu had been sleeping all this while. 

"Very well, I understand your concerns on Fengjiu's condition and your commitment to your family. No worries, I will bring you sweet treats when I get back," Zhe Yan said to Bai Zhen with a wink, before leaving.

 No worries, I will bring you sweet treats when I get back," Zhe Yan said to Bai Zhen with a wink, before leaving

Bai Qian was up to her neck in the affairs of the kingdom. She recalled why she had decided to give up her inheritance to the throne in favour of her young niece back then. She didn't enjoy politics, and if not for her brother, father, uncle and grandfather having her back, she would have collapsed with all the stress that she had. She wondered how Fengjiu had coped while being in charge of all the matters of the kingdom as its young monarch. She attributed her disinterest in the matters of the kingdom to her lazy and unbothered personality. She loved having fun, and though she was the Crown Princess, she wasn't interested in getting involved with handling the affairs of the Sky Kingdom, which she let Yehua handle himself.

A number of immortals of different ranks who had witnessed the meteorite event in the Sky Kingdom had asked Bai Qian about the silver-haired boy. Although they had not said it to her, Bai Qian knew what had been in their minds: the question of whether he had been Donghua. In addition, the Third Prince Liansong was among the immortals who were curious about the boy. Being a gossip-monger himself, it was not surprising if Liansong had been curious about whether the boy was Donghua, but Liansong was one of the few immortals that had been particularly close to Donghua since a long time ago. Donghua hadn't much friends, apart from Shao Wan, and so his friendship with Liansong had been exceptional. It had been unfortunate that Liansong arrived too late as Donghua had vanished. Liansong had done what he could to dissuade Donghua from putting his life on the line during the royal wedding, but Donghua was adamant that he needed Fengjiu back in his life, and had been willing to take all the risks he could in order for him to have another chance at love with her. Sadly, this had ended badly for the two of them. Liansong felt a heavy heart for his friend.