Chapter Eleven

Foreword

Compared to his two older brothers, His Royal Highness the Third Prince Liansong was a lot more humbler. His refusal to compete with his second brother for meaningless fame made him less influential in the eyes of the immortals in the Sky Kingdom. Unlike his elder brothers, he had been born underwater, and the auspicious omen that hence followed his birth had been different from that of his elder brothers. Instead of birds flying in the air, fishes were swimming in the water around him. Also, the immense flood which had been the cause of Hao De's headache those days had suddenly subsided following Liansong's birth.

- Three Lives, Three Worlds, the Pillow Book, Tang Qi

Meanwhile at the Ten Miles of Peach Blossom, Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan lifted their heads as a feminine figure gracefully approached them, interrupting their game of 'go' momentarily

Meanwhile at the Ten Miles of Peach Blossom, Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan lifted their heads as a feminine figure gracefully approached them, interrupting their game of 'go' momentarily. "What brings you here, my beautiful niece?" Bai Zhen teased. Fengjiu was clad in her 'princess' casual attire. While Fengjiu had seldom appeared in this manner while she was in Qingqiu, she had chosen to wear a simple and casual pink dress devoid of any embroidered patterns and sequins, topped with a plain white cloak to shield herself from the cold. She had chosen to dress in her simple attire to remind herself of the days she had followed Donghua in the Sky Kingdom without a single care for her noble status, and also, the days she had been living in seclusion in the desolate mountains in the mortal realm.

 She had chosen to dress in her simple attire to remind herself of the days she had followed Donghua in the Sky Kingdom without a single care for her noble status, and also, the days she had been living in seclusion in the desolate mountains in th...

Fengjiu expressed to her uncle and Zhe Yan how she had missed the peach blossom orchard, as she accepted a jar of wine readily. 

"Xiao Jiu, it won't be long before your aunt becomes the Sky Queen (Tianhou). No matter how busy you are, you have to go to the Sky Kingdom."

Fengjiu pulled a long face. "But Uncle, the Sky Kingdom reminds me of him. Those days when I was with him, there. And..."

Bai Zhen patted her gently on her back. "Aren't you dressed in this manner to remind yourself of your days with him?" he pointed to her pale pink dress and her braided locks. "My dear niece, what is deemed to happen, will happen. And it has. What you need to face, has to be faced. Be strong. We are here for you."