For Him...?? (Chapter - 9)

Vihaan's POV

I saw a missed call from Saanvika, I think she called to inform me that she reached safely..... I'm about to call her back but saw dad at my door..... he came inside and sat on the couch saying he needs to talk to me..... I dropped my phone on the bed and moved toward the couch and sat beside him.....

"Vihaan, I won't beat around the bush, Do you like Saanvika ??" asked Dad, Of course, he would ask this, I should have guessed...

"Dad, it's just today, we went there, I need some time....", I said though I am very sure about my answer...... I can't tell him my opinion as he is a king of manipulation and I don't want to be his prey..... Normally I am very good at dealing with such things but he is my dad and he'll take advantage of the same...

"Come on Vihaan, you know Saanvika before only..... If your answer is 'No' then give me a proper reason son", He said making me angry..... but I calmed myself...

"Dad, It's me who should marry, so I think I have a right to say 'No' when I feel she isn't right for me", I said calmly...

"Of course you do Vihaan, but there must be some reason to reject a girl like Saanvika right ?? and Please find a better reason than your usual "she isn't a doctor" thing...... because you are gonna marry the girl, not her profession or the doctor coat and stethoscope she wears...... If you really have a good reason enough to reject her, then I'm all ears...... In fact, I myself will call and reject them and also I promise to never bring up this topic...", He said... I know what he is trying to do...... He knows me too well, he is right, I don't have any good reason to reject Saanvika, she is such a beautiful girl with very good values...... but unfortunately not my type...... but I can't say this to him..... Anyways, Saanvika is gonna reject me, It's better I agree with dad before he lectures me more...

"You are right dad, I don't have any good reason", I said......

"Does that mean your answer is 'Yes' my dear son", he asked with eyes filled with hope and I nodded..... "OMG my son is getting married that too to my best friend's daughter, If Niranjan is alive today, he would have been very happy," He said his face gleaming with happiness...

"Hold ur horses dad, We don't know Saanvika's answer yet....." ,I said feigning innocence...

"You don't worry about that, I'll take care of everything..... You have made me the happiest person today..... thank you Vihaan, I won't ask you for anything more......", He said leaving my room after hugging me tightly...... Now I'm very guilty for deceiving him..... and also this is the first time my father got so happy with me, He always wanted me to become a businessman but I chose medicine for mom..... Though he is hurt, he never said anything, he supported me always, and I never got to do anything for him as I preferred mom every time...... The only thing he asked me is to marry Saanvika and I couldn't even do that...... I think I'm being selfish but If it's seen like this, Saanvika and I are not right for each other, and seeing us suffering, dad will be the first person to get hurt and I feel it's good to hurt him now than then...... Thinking about all this I slipped into sleep.......

The next day, I got a call from the hospital early in the morning and I left immediately as it was an emergency....... I focused on the patient forgetting the entire world...... My day got busier with the appointments and surgeries....... I thought of informing Saanvika about my conversation with dad but didn't even get a minute to check my phone...... I thought of calling her but by the time I got free, it was half past 12 the night...... I sighed and drove home....... Before I go to bed, I checked my phone and am shocked to find 2 missed calls from Saanvika and 7 missed calls from mom ?? Why did she call me so many times ?? I'll ask her tomorrow...... With this I fell into deep slumber right away I hit the mattress as I'm drained completely both physically and mentally...

Saanvika's POV

As soon as I woke up, Unusually I checked my phone to see if Vihaan called back but he didn't..... I freshened up and called him again as it's very important for him to know this, but he didn't take my call...... I wonder what's wrong..... I shook my thoughts and left to the office after having my breakfast, I thought not to call ma as I can't hide anything from her and I don't wanna talk about my conversation with Alok uncle....... I got busy with client meetings and work that I didn't get time to call my family..... I wonder why ma didn't call me till now ?? Usually, she would call me till 8 Am on weekdays if I didn't call her by then... I again got busy with my work and left for my flat in the evening.....