miles and jensen's infinite watchlist

jensen
miles

*

MILES' LIST

ROCKY

listen. if you want to go into film. or you enjoy film. or you appreciate film, you've gotta watch rocky. it's important. it's memorable. it's a best picture winner. and if you're saying you've never run around your house in your underwear to gonna fly now, well, then you're a fucking liar.
Who knew this was coming? Everyone.
is pulp fiction at the top of yours?
No comment.

LITTLE WOMEN

i don't cry in public a lot, but when i do it's because of this movie. you know how it is.

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

i take no criticism on this: it's the best mad max movie ever. hands down. i almost shaved my own head in the theatre bathroom after i saw this to be like charlize theron.
Seriously?
i would never lie about that. fury road kicks ass.

GET OUT

if jordan peele could direct everything ever, the world might be a nicer place.
What about Keira?
okay, hear me out, a collaboration between the two of them.

BOOKSMART

i want every movie ever to take notes from this indie. and then just rewatch the entire movie again to make you feel better that you know NOTHING.

DONNIE DARKO

it's weird as shit but it's good, okay? okay. schedule enough time to watch it twice. and then watch explanations after.

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

literally a perfect movie. and the first r rated midnight showing i got to see.
Weren't you, like, eight when this came out?
yes.

BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN

a staple in russian cinema and the reason my parents met. i felt like i couldn't just leave it off the list. the staircase scene alone is a cinematic masterpiece.

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK

the second one is better and i'll fist fight anyone who says different. i know kevin mcallister didn't say "horse's ass" in this one but it's still better.
How in God's name did you go from Battleship Potemkin to Home Alone?
clearly it's because they're both cinematic masterpieces.

JOJO RABBIT

of course i had to include the single greatest use of the word "fuck" in any movie ever. taika waititi is a genius.

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD

it's literally it's own genre. try to convince me otherwise; you can't. watch this and then every other edgar wright film to ever exist because he's amazing.
I really thought if you were going to go Edgar Wright, you'd go with Hot Fuzz.
that is equally as acceptable.

HEATHERS

SHUT UP, HEATHER. SORRY, HEATHER.
That's the Broadway version—
DANG DANG DIGGITY DANG DANG DANG.