Epic Fail: Mom Jokes

Author's Note: You know what I did today? Can you guess? Ah, you don't have to, since I'll tell you anyway. Today, dear person who still reads this revolting book, I sat my ass down and finished the chapter. I didn't realize how much I missed writing until now. So I'm officially back on wattpad, not that this is a big announcement or anything.  I don't know if this chapter is going to make it for the super long wait but I hope you'll enjoy it! 

Anyway, even though I'm really behind with studying, I already started the next chapter. 

Also, I hope you had an awesome Christmas! 

Epic Fail (TWELVE): Mom Jokes 

I watched in horror as the piece of meat flew and hit her square in the forehead. After a few more inexorably long moments it feel onto her lap. There was a greasy or wet or however spot on her forehead, the foundation probably erased, the perfect creamy skin paler and in the shape of a chunk of meat.

 Oh crap, I just wiped off her bronzing powder and now she was going to look like there was a third eye threatening to bloom out from her head. Not that I cared too much. I mean, I did care about the fact that my manners and way of eating were a treat against women’s make up but she hurt Josh, right? But holy damn. For a person who didn’t care, my body was shaking a tad too much and my deodorant was overworking under my clothes. Perhaps, I should’ve taken a bath in it before leaving the house.

 My head snapped in both directions, the subtlety all gone in my desperate attempt of finding out whether people were gawking or not. Happily, all of them were still endorsed in their food or probably business related conversations I didn't care about. After that dinner, working in the business industry was forever erased from my list. Not that it had been on my list with my dad who was almost making me eat anatomy books for breakfast.

"I'm so sorry," I said, eyes wide and hand covering my mouth. Even though I didn’t like her as a person, my apology was genuine.

With utter horror I slowly trailed my gaze until Josh's face came into my sigh. I didn't know what to expect. Anger? Disappointment?

As soon as I caught a better glimpse of his face, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. His mouth was set into a thin line, it seemed almost forced, but his eyes were almost watery because of the laughter he was restraining from. Stephen? Not so much.

As soon as the petrified woman removed the piece of meat from her lap he burst out laughing so loud, it nearly echoed on the while damn building. So much for being unnoticed. His head was thrown back and tears streamed down his face as he continued to shake with laughter.

He kept laughing so freely, as if he didn't care about his step mother at all. His face didn't have the usual frown or ugly sneer. For once Stephen looked like a normal boy. A genuinely happy one. And for a moment I forgot about how much I hated him. Just for a moment because maybe I forgot to take my Gincobiloba.

 "Holy shit!” Stephen slapped his hand on the table, the other one wiping his eyes and cheeks. "This is the best dinner ever.”

The woman just gave me a forced smile and stood up from her seat. "It’s nothing,” she laughed. There was something dark and that sickening sweet laugh. "That’s why people who aren’t from our background shouldn’t spend time with us.”

A few people around us grew silent, probably eavesdropping at our exchange of words. Or better said, the woman’s monologue because I was just standing there like a damn statue, spotting a small fuck you smile. I couldn’t give her a piece of my mind for various reasons. One of them would be the fact that she did something good in her life like giving birth to Josh. Another reason would be that my parents taught me to respect my elders. Even then hypocrite ones.