Epic Fail: Family problems

Author's Note: I'll  stop promising that I'll update faster because, let's face it, it's a complete lie. School and practices have me all exhausted and grumpy, haha.

As always, I want to thank you so much for your support. It means a lot and I love each one of you.

If you think I deserve, please vote and comment on this chapter as well :)  

Epic Fail (SIX): Family problems

The door opened, making a rather loud noise that could probably wake up someone from another state or continent, but I was too irritated to care. 

My eyes took in the person leaning casually on the door frame like it was totally normal to visit someone after midnight. That someone being a person you made fun of in front of everyone at your birthday party.

"What do you want, Stephen?" I asked trying to keep my voice firm and emotionless. If he came in my room one month ago I would definitely swoon and make a total fool of myself because I received his useless attention.

But now?

Eh, not so much. I would rather swoon if he burned like my mother's steak, which is something you would never want to taste. The final result is something black and mutilated. It actually looks like it might jump from the plate and bite your face off.

During my parents' first years of marriage, my culinary gifted mother wanted to cook for the guests, so she decided to make some steak. Too bad the final result didn't resemble something edible. Or according to my father's saying it was raw on the inside and burned on the outside. He also said you couldn't see and anything on the house because of the density of the smoke. You know, I can imagine my mom doing some sort of tribal dance whilst cooking her poisonous meals.

He also said it could choke a dinosaur.

So basically I wanted Stephen to look like my mother's infamous steak. Was that too much to ask?

"I was just looking for your male friend. The one you can't stop starring at," he shrugged and looked around the room.

Yeah, I hid Josh under the bed, since he would definitely fit there. Or better in the non-existent closet.

"Well, he's not here," I retorted whilst rolling my eyes. What the hell was so important that it couldn't wait until tomorrow? He was planning something and I wasn't going to be his victim twice.

He just chuckled and kept staring at me, or better said through me. It was like he could tell I was dying to know what the deal with the two of them was.

"Aw, too bad. I wanted to discuss some family problems with him, or what's left of it," he shrugged like it was nothing, but the mischievous glint in his eyes said otherwise. He really hated Josh for some reason.

"What's your problem with his family, you cow?"