𝗑𝗂. 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎

𝘅𝗶. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎
"𝐢 𝗴𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝."

HE WOULDN'T STOP TALKING

HE WOULDN'T STOP TALKING. It was quite funny because he asked me what I liked to do and here he was going on and on about nicknames or something. Banks had just coined the nickname of "Flora" which was new, but I wouldn't object because I knew he would call me it regardless. To be honest I wasn't really listening to everything that came out of the boy's mouth, only catching small parts. I can't even lie like that, I was not at all paying attention because a loose string on the jacket I was wearing seemed more interesting than the "conversation" I was supposedly participating in.

"Are you even listening?" I snapped out of my trance and looked at him. He was holding his hockey skates in his one hand, the other shoved in his pocket. I blinked twice before nodding slowly.

"Yes, definitely, one hundred percent." I lied, offering an innocent smile to try and sell it. Banks laughed and shook his head.

"Then what was I talking about?" He asked. I tried to think of what I heard from what he was saying. The last I remembered was about...

"Nicknames? Something about you calling me Flora or something like that." I answered tentatively, looking up at him. Banks had an amused look on his face, which didn't help me in the slightest.

He didn't say anything, just stood there with that stupid grin. I crossed my arms, confused with what was happening. Banks just shook his head once more and gestured for me to start walking with him.

And since I had no other plans for the day, I followed along. Hopefully he wasn't taking me to my inevitable doom and killing me. That's an over exaggeration, there was no possible way that he could do that at this hour. Like he could if he wanted to, but not right now.

It was silent and I wasn't sure where Banks was taking us, seeing as not many places were open and it was past curfew. We had to stay in the dormitory building so neither of us got in trouble. I didn't want to end up in a detention room when the rest of the world woke up.

The surroundings all seemed the same, just the same endless hallway but with twists and turns. I had to speed walk to keep up with Banks' long strides, his legs being much longer than mine were.

"You know, you're always calling me by my last name, why?" Banks broke the silence, looking down at me while we walked. I raised an eyebrow and kept my gaze on the cracking wallpaper of the hallways, thinking of an answer to his question.

"It's just always been that way. Last names were just what we resulted to so we could show our pure disgust to each other. Why, you want me to call you by your first name?" I told him, shrugging slightly as if it didn't really make an impact.