𝗑𝗑𝗏. 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗌 𝗁𝗂𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝖾𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌

𝘅𝘅𝘃. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗌 𝗁𝗂𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝖾𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌
"you lot are acting stranger than usual."

SOMETHING I ALWAYS FOUND BEAUTIFUL was the beaches in California

SOMETHING I ALWAYS FOUND BEAUTIFUL was the beaches in California. Even before I came here for the Games I would see the yellow sand and clear blue ocean and just sigh because Minnesota? Sure we had beaches, but I don't think they could come close to anything like I've seen here.

The Santa Monica Beach was where I found myself during the early hours of the day. It was quiet and the city was asleep, the sound of waves crashing against the sand the only thing heard. I sat on the edge of the pier, my feet dangling as I watched the colors of the sunrise bloom on the empty horizon.

Somehow, two days passed by with no warning and now it was the 24th of July. The month simply flew by and it meant that we would be leaving California in a little more than a week. I took this quiet time to think about the what had happened in the last month.

There were so many things that had happened. The most prominent that came to mind was the podium for figure skating and the new friends I made. Madi, who was due to come back today, Averman, Kenny, Dean. The rink flashed through my head, the first time I saw it, the countless times I practiced or just went there for a little bit of fun. The first time I came to the beach with Laura, baking cookies with Dean, Kenny and I confusing Averman with the figure skating terms. The nights with Adam.

My heart ached at the thought of leaving California. Pulling my legs up to my chest, I rested my chin on my knees as I stared out a little longer. I glanced down at my wrist where my watch sat, the time reading 9:14am and all at once, I caught up with the world. The cars now driving down the street, the shrieks of joy from girls down the beach, seagulls making their calls.

I stood quickly, brushing the grains of sand off of my legs and stretching slightly before making my way back to the dormitories. If I assumed correctly, I wouldn't directly be running into anyone I knew. They'd either be practicing, still in bed, or already out and about. The walk back was quick, fifteen minutes at most and I swung the doors open, walking inside as the cool air contrasted the blazing sunlight from outside.

And thankfully, the lobby was empty except for the few kids from different team sports, I think they could've been there for soccer or something, I wasn't completely sure. I passed by, sending a small smile to be polite before hurrying past and into the kitchen.

I had been out all morning and didn't eat anything. There were still a bunch of people in the kitchen and they looked like they were all acquainted with one another. Hardly any fruit was left in the fruit bowl, a few apples and bananas. I let out a sigh, grabbing a small banana and leaning against the counter. A container of the cookies Dean and I made sat, half-full probably from other people eating them.