The talk

Trish looked up over the novel she was reading to have eye contact with Giorno when he asked what she was reading, she was slightly embarrassed to speak up about her new interests in romance novels. She normally doesn't read books or long novels of romance or comedy or any other gene, just always read a few magazines about fashion and other girlish like things. Trish just feels embarrassed of trying new things, especially when she lives alone with Giorno and always so closed around him, never opened up much. Just the fact of being embarrassed over something that's new that she's trying doesn't make her uncomfortable, it just made her feel like the weird, nerdy type of person, and Giorno has no problem with it, he's still waiting for an answer from her for about 3 minutes now of staring at each other.

Finally Trish decided to answer his question

"Oh I'm um just...reading a um...romance novel." She answered embarrassingly, hoping that he doesn't find that weird or nerdy of course.

Trish was never this timid, shy, or embarrassed type of girl. It was just that entire mission of betraying her dad and got her friends killed really changed her a lot. She went from open minded and always willing to speak her mind to closing herself away and being embarrassed at almost anything new she does that distracts her from her grieving, that barely works of course.

Giorno grew more curious of Trish being embarrassed and closed. He mainly doesn't pay attention to other feelings but his own. But when he's with Trish, it's more different case. He's more worried of what's been really bothering Trish, he always thought she would be over with this whole thing about Bruno, Abbacchio, and Narancia being dead was her fault when it wasn't. What they did was heroic, necessary, and was in their own will. They did what they had to, and did what they wanted to. It's just with Giorno's mindset about the whole thing makes him have second guesses about Trish's feelings and what has changed about her. He never took account about her feelings and her grief till now, he didn't want to mention it in this conversation but maybe the next one when he gets his chance to.

Giorno gave Trish a smile as he sips his tea.

As he puts the teacup down, he spoke.

"Oh? A romance novel huh? Wow I'm very surprised about your new interest. There's no problem with that and you shouldn't be embarrassed about it. It's good for the young mind to open up to new things." He said softly looking into Trish's shining green eyes.

The light in the area of the kitchen table, made both Giorno's turquoise eyes and Trish's green eyes shine and sparkle like stars for Giorno, and emeralds for Trish.

Trish spoke back with a question

"R-Really? You sure you don't think it's kinda nerdy and weird?" She asked timidly

Giorno only replied with a nod and smile.

Trish smiled back at him, it's been so long since she smiled, she wanted it to be fake, but at the same time she didn't want it to be. She started to feel a bit happier around Giorno.

"Mind if I read it?" Giorno asked

Trish was kinda surprised, she was only halfway done with the book but she couldn't say no to him.

"I'll let you read it. But at the beginning, I only finished half of it. You can go pass my bookmark but put it back so I know where I left off." Trish replies

Giorno's smile got brighter, "Great, I promise I'll put the bookmark back where you left off. How long have you been reading it?" Giorno asked another question after he promised and won't ever forget to put back the bookmark where Trish left off like she asked of him.

"2 days. It only as 26 chapters so I've been reading slowly and taking my time to enjoy the book at its fullest, you know what I mean?" Trish answered his question then gave him a rhetorical question. Trish places her bookmark where she left off, she closed the novel and hands it to Giorno.

Giorno takes the novel in one hand as he sips his tea with the other.

"Oh wow, it's amazing you want to enjoy something, don't take it as a mean compliment or anything rude if you thought it was." Giorno said, trying to make sure she doesn't get upset or mad at his compliment.

Trish shook her head and she smiles a bit, she's more happy to hear him say that she's amazing and that it's not weird or nerdy at all. She responded him with:

"Oh no Giorno, it's not rude or even mean at all. I'm kinda glad you like my new interest." Trish said reassuring him that his compliment isn't making her upset or mad, she only feels glad about it.

"Oh okay, I was making sure you're not mad and upset at me for saying that. Did you enjoy what you read so far?" Giorno asked yet another question.

Then again, Trish loves it when he questioned her if she enjoys it, she feels like he really cared about her. Yet again she replied.

"Yeah I really do enjoy it. Oh um I'm gonna shower anyways so you can read it right now. I'll see you later Giorno." She said as she got up from the chair, she slightly waved at him before leaving the kitchen area to go upstairs to the bathroom to take a nice hot shower.

Giorno didn't get the chance to wave back when she went up the stairs, he just smiled as he looked at the cover of the book, turning to the first page, he began to read the first chapter.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
977 words of this chapter
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Admin: I'm so sorry for this long update. I've been spending time with my grandma when I was at her house and dealing with my lil sis and other things at home. So now I'll update and publish more often this time since I'm not dealing with very much anymore. It feels so good to publish again.