23

The next day, Jun and Minghao were awakened by the sound of Jun's trumpeting alarm, the lanky boy reached over to his bedside table and grabbed the device that blasted the unpleasing noise

The next day, Jun and Minghao were awakened by the sound of Jun's trumpeting alarm, the lanky boy reached over to his bedside table and grabbed the device that blasted the unpleasing noise. Turning off his alarm, he threw his phone aside and let out a groan, "Hao, come on let's get ready for school." As he pokes the younger, Minghao jolts a bit from the touch, turning around to give the older a glare. "you're not the only one who feels that way."

Minghao releases his arms from the sheets and stretches them. Lifting himself up by using his core, he blinks a couple of times to focus his blurry eyesight. He was on the right side of the bed, the window being closest to him so there was a line of sunlight that shined near his feet. "School..." He murmurs, before removing himself from Jun's bed. He walks over to where his school uniform is sitting and begins to strip.

Jun who saw this quickly exited the room, the brunette was sure Minghao didn't realize this but he waited a couple of minutes just to be safe. Fengjun, who exits the room beside his raises a brow as he wondered to why his brother was standing outside his door. "What are you doing rat? Get dressed."

"Minghao is getting ready." He informs, Fengjun still gives him an odd look.

"You're both boys, what's the big deal? Don't you change in front of your team all the time?"

The taller pokes Fengjun's forehead, which leads to the younger boy to stumble a bit back, "That doesn't matter. It's a form of respect, plus I did the same thing last night when he changed out of his uniform."

"What a gentleman." Fengjun sarcastically comments, he passes by his brother to use the washroom and their conversation ends there. It was about a minute or two since he's exited the room, so Jun turns the knob slowly before reentering. But, the door was pulled open as Minghao tugged on the knob from the inside,

"Junnie, I was wondering where you went." His small voice says.

Jun gives him a smile, "I left so you can change."

Minghao raises his brow, "Oh, I see. Is Fengjun using the restroom? Should I wait a bit?"

The brunette nods, "Yeah, he's in there right now. Give him like ten minutes, he likes to play with the warm water during the mornings since it's cold. I'm going to change real quick."

"Should I step outside?"

"You can if you want, or you can stay and just turn around if you feel awkward. I do this with my team a lot, it's not really anything new."

Minghao moves himself to the side of the room and sits on the edge of Jun's bed. He faces the window so his back can face Jun. "I'll just stay." Jun replies with a small, 'okay', and proceeds to get ready. It only takes a few minutes for Jun to switch his attire, he walks over to Minghao, the boy stares through the small gap made by the curtains. The view across was his own bedroom, the place that he should be in during this time. Minghao's expression didn't seem to happy, he wondered if it was because he was tired or still pondering over the events happening. He taps the boy's shoulder which leads to Minghao turning his head towards Jun, the brunette leans down and kisses his forehead,

"Smile okay? It's too early for you to be pouty."

Minghao nods. The boy was right, "Yeah, I know.." Letting out a sigh, Minghao stands from his position and returns a kiss to Jun, "I'll smile for everyone today."

"Good," Jun replies with a gentle tone, embracing Minghao for a small bit until letting go, "your friends would definitely love to see that. I do as well."

It wasn't long until they made their way to school, walking past the school's large gate that was rusting heavily and was in need of a new paint job. Jun and Minghao stood beside each other, entering the perimeter as a couple of eyes gawked their way. "Don't worry about them," Jun reminds, watching as Minghao gripped the straps of his backpack tensely. "we're not any of their business."

"Right..." Minghao replies, keeping his head forward as they finally got inside the school. Walking through the semi-crowded hallways, Minghao led the way as he wanted to find Soonyoung and Wonwoo. He decided that informing them about the situation was better than later. Usually each morning they'd meet at Soonyoung's locker, so the two boys make their way to the location. As they spot the ravenette and blonde crowding around the compartment, Minghao hastily waddles over to scare Soonyoung. Which was a success.

"You-" Soonyoung raised his fist until he caught Junhui in the corner of his eye. He lowered it down slowly and cleared his throat, "well hello Minghao, how are you on this fine morning."

"I'm alright." The younger replies with a shrug, "but, I need to tell you guys something. It's important."

"If it's you and Junhui dating, we already knew." Wonwoo interferes.

Minghao nods, "Yeah, that too. But-"

"You're dating?!" Soonyoung yells, Wonwoo immediately slaps his hand over his mouth as some students looked their way. His friend removes his hand slowly, waiting for Minghao to proceed with what he needed to say. "okay, we'll cover that later but, what is it?"

"So, I'm kind of in a big crisis right now." Minghao starts off, "I got caught by my mom the second time I snuck out with Jun. So, she's trying to send me back to Liaoning as a way of punishing me since I've defied her."

Wonwoo's eyes almost pop out of their sockets after hearing his words, he takes off his glasses and squints to his friend. "Why are you so calm! You might be getting going back, when is she planning to send you off?" His tone raises with each word said, Minghao's right shoulder lifts as he wasn't enjoying the boy's volume.

"Sunday..."

"Sunday!" The two boys shout in unison, Soonyoung covers his mouth and removes his hand to display his dropped jaw. "that means this is your last week here. What are you going to do? I definitely can renovate my basement for you and you can stay there."

Minghao shakes his head, though he was appreciative of the offer. "I'm staying with Jun right now, my dad's trying to deal with my mom. I trust him so I just have to wait for the results."

"But, what if you're sent away and you can't even say goodbye to us?" Wonwoo's voice becomes small as he was afraid of that possibility, he didn't want Minghao going. No matter how many headaches he's caused him, he wasn't going to lose his best friend because he simply wanted to have fun.

"I..." As Minghao thinks, he shakes his head and smiles as he wanted to reassure the boy. "it won't happen, don't worry."

"How can we not?" As Soonyoung's bright expression fades. The blonde pulls his two ravenette into an embrace, "we might be losing our best friend."

"You won't," Jun firmly says from the sidelines, he stuffs his hands into his slack's pocket. Nodding once as he was confirming his words, "I won't allow it."