02

"MINGHAO," Sunday morning, Jun is sitting by his window with his chin resting on the small ledge

"MINGHAO," Sunday morning, Jun is sitting by his window with his chin resting on the small ledge. He tries to call out to his neighbor, this being his eighth 'Minghao' of the day. He was getting impatient slowly, there was a high possibility that Minghao was asleep or wasn't able to hear him for some reason. "Minghao~" He whines loud enough for the boy to hear, "Hao!"

On the other side of the closed window, Minghao is texting his friends Wonwoo and Soonyoung out of frustration as he hears his name being called out like some summoning spell. Well, that was basically his intention - to summon Minghao.

hao
> please help me he won't stop calling my name. i'm trying to study but he's literally whining like a child !!

wonton
> open your window and converse with a human being for once

soonyoungie
> that seems like the best option, my bed is calling my name so please just grow the balls to talk to him minghao

hao
> guys please i'll get in trouble if i'm caught talking to him )):

wonton
> lock your door or just be quiet

soonyoungie
> what wonwoo said

hao
> you're no help T-T

Minghao puts down his phone, removing his glasses he rubs the corner of his eyes with his knuckles. He heard his name being called by Jun a couple more times, if this didn't end he knew that his mom or dad would pop into his room questioning where the sound was coming from. So, he decides taking action into his own hands was the best option for this situation. Slipping his glasses back on, he makes his way towards his window. He carefully unlocks his window, pushing it open slowly to decrease the amount of noise. There, Jun is staring at him with his eyes wide, smile wide as well of course.

"Hao! I thought you'd never come!" He shouts, Jun's arms are wide open as if he was waiting for a hug. But, of course that was impossible with their current situation. "Took you long enough. I was waiting for you. What were you doing?"

"Work." He responds with a monotone voice, "You need to keep it down. Your neighbor doesn't appreciate it. Your neighbor being me."

"Aren't you bored though? I got bored after completing my work. Now I have nothing to occupy myself with." Jun questions, tilting his head to the side like a puppy. Minghao tried to keep his composure, taking deep breaths as he knew getting angry wouldn't get himself anywhere. Besides, Jun was being sweet, he was simply curious about Hao and that was valid. But, Minghao didn't think it would be good for Jun to be talking to someone like him of course. "Hao?..."

"I...I have a lot on my schedule. I don't get bored." Minghao states, finally answering the boy's question. "I study, then I practice the violin and piano for a couple hours. Return back to studying until it hits dinner."

Jun leans through the open window a bit too far for Minghao's liking, he even reacts by putting his arm out - as if he could catch the boy if he fell. "That's you playing! I love hearing it, I usually dance whenever you're playing the piano. It's fun, maybe it'll make you smile."

Minghao squints his eyes slightly, confused to why the last part was important to him. "How did my smile get involved into this?"

"Well, usually when people smile. Most people automatically find themselves doing it too. But, you didn't. Yesterday you didn't." Jun points out, which surprised Minghao a bit as the boy's observation was correct. He didn't smile, it was hard for him to as there was too much stress piled onto his shoulders. An excessive amount of stress that led to him being irritated at home twenty-four seven. But, he was different at school of course. "I just..was wondering if you could return one to me?"

"I have to get going Jun, my parents will get angry if I'm not studying." Minghao states, avoiding his request clearly. Or more of, avoiding and ignoring everything he said within the last minute. "You should find someone else to entertain you, I'm far from fun." He's about to reach for the window's handle, but Jun starts freaking out - with his hands specifically.

"B—But! None of my friends are awake at this time! Besides, I want to talk to you." He tried his best to stall Minghao, but the other male sees right through his tricks. "Please Hao.."

Hao. The ravenette couldn't lie, the nickname was cute when Jun said it even though he's heard it multiple times from his own friends. But, he was aware that he needed to say no. Though it was gonna hurt Jun, he couldn't risk anything. If his parents figured out that he started conversing with the next door neighbor's son and was trailing away from his studies, he'd surely lose the ability to even see the outside world. Specifically, his window privileges. "Sorry...just find someone else."

"Hao!" He yells, but the boy ignores his call and shuts his window. There, his figure disappears and Jun is left alone once again. Although it was only for a couple minutes, it was better than nothing.

"Man.." Jun pouts, he wondered to why Minghao was so uptight. He received negative vibes from the other male, Jun wasn't a big fan of it but he was sure Hao had his reasons. "Oh," As an idea popped into Jun's head, "he probably attends the academy, maybe I can talk to him properly then."

Jun was unaware that he was setting a lot of his attention on Minghao, he didn't know what about him brought interest to himself. But, he was okay with it because that means he'll have a new friend. A new friend who was his neighbor, it would make things much more easier as his friends live farther away from him. But, he was also unaware by the fact that befriending Minghao would be a bit difficult.