18

"FOCUS Jun!" The coach shouts on the sidelines, analyzing the practice game that was currently taking place

"FOCUS Jun!" The coach shouts on the sidelines, analyzing the practice game that was currently taking place. "You're not supposed to let the ball hit the ground!"

Jun shouts out a quick apology and returns back to the game, he tried to focus, he really did. But, he felt as if the gym was spinning, his steps were not as precise, and he couldn't tell where the ball was heading. Earlier, the white sphere had collided with his face as he tried to bump it back to the other side, which was not a pretty sight as his nose and upper lip were in pain. Though Jihoon and Mingyu were telling him to sit out due to personal reasonings, Jun refused as he knew there could be other players who were just as tired as him. "Jun!" Jihoon shouts, trying to warn the boy about the ball that was being spiked from the side, it came from their opponents but the brunette was unable to react quick enough to dodge it. The individual who spiked the ball was unaware that the volleyball wasn't going to his desired location, but to the captain's head.

Jun didn't even try to dodge the ball, he was ready for the impact. Once it hit him, the boy toppled over and fell onto the gym's hardwood floor. The coach blew his whistle, pausing the game to check on the boy who gave no response. Jihoon and Mingyu were the first to run to Jun's aid, but another individual who wasn't on the team came forward as well. "Oh gosh, does this idiot have a death wish." Minghao scolds, tucking his hand under Jun's neck and placing his head on his knees. "Did he sleep at all today? Junnie, you there?"

"He slept before practice started, it may have not been enough though," Mingyu informs, "Did Jun tell you about practice? Is that why you're here?"

Minghao shakes his head, "No, I didn't. Soonyoung needed to talk to Chan real quick so I came with." He lightly taps the boy's face, trying his best to be gentle, "he's knocked out cold. I don't think he's unconscious, just tired."

"Yeah, he fell asleep in English earlier. I think it's best if he just doesn't continue today." Jihoon suggests, he looks behind him. Their coach crosses his arms, shaking his head to the group of boys that surround Jun. "Are you saying he should continue in this condition? He can't even move!"

"Jun should be aware of his responsibilities, I'm disappointed. But, I'm not going to make him continue for today. Tomorrow we'll double the drills since he was lacking." After the old man's words are stated firmly, he walks away from the scene and instructs another student to take Jun's place for the time being. Minghao helps Mingyu lift Jun, but with the boy's strength he was able to easily throw him over his shoulder,

"Mind watching him in the club room? Practice ends in maybe forty-five minutes if you don't mind."

"Yeah, that's fine with me. I told my mom that I had a mandatory tutoring session for underclassmen." Minghao tells, though obviously that statement was a lie. They walk to the club room, on their way there Minghao messaged Soonyoung about the situation, thankfully Soonyoung had got his task done and Minghao didn't need to tag along anymore. Arriving to their destination, Mingyu sets Jun down gently and leaves the two to be.

"You're an idiot you know," Minghao nags, though the boy was unable to comprehend his words, "you should have told me you had volleyball duties after school. We could have hung out another time.." He pokes at the boy's palm, "don't put me above your priorities."

Minghao, who's playing with Jun's fingers are startled when he watches Jun's hand come to life. Their hands intertwine, Jun's grip was gentle just how Minghao liked it. "You are my priority though.." He whispers in Mandarin, though his tone is soft Minghao still understood his words.

The ravenette's lips form into a pout, Jun's eyes slowly flutter open but close right after as the room's light flashes his eyes. "It's okay, just get some rest." He tells, implying that Jun didn't need to open his eyes, "that's sweet of you to say Junnie, but, you may have gotten yourself and your team in trouble because of me."

"It was worth it," Jun laughs with his eyes closed. The boy smiles and squeezes Minghao's hand, "volleyball stresses me out..I wish I could just runaway from it honestly."

"I can tell.." Minghao examines the boy's face, "looks like you're about to pop a vein."

"All because of volleyball..I haven't told anyone except for Joshua and Soonyoung about wanting to quit..oh, also you. But, I'm planning on leaving after the season is over."

"You think your coach will be happy?"

Jun shakes his head slowly, "Definitely not. But, it's for the sake of my happiness. I know a lot of people will be disappointed, but..it'll be better to have all that weight lifted off my shoulders."

"Well...I support your decisions," Minghao reminds, knowing that the two would stay by each other's side as they broke free slowly from what held their true selves captive. Seconds later, Minghao felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Receiving a stream of messages from his mother, he tries his best to not react as Jun was right in front of him, "Junnie."

"Hm?"

"You'll stay...by my side right?" His voice was shaky, Jun didn't understand why but maybe it was because he was nervous.

"Yeah, I will. Why?"

"No reason.." Minghao responds, holding Jun's hand a bit tighter. "Once volleyball practice ends, I'm gonna have to go home."

"I don't want you getting in trouble, you can leave right now if you want."

"No," Minghao disregards his suggestion quickly, "I just..wanna stay here with you for a bit longer."

Jun smiles, "Well, I'll be honest...I'd like that."