Chapter 21 - Meet the Parents

Ok, so I'm going to start off positive for this long author's note.

The dedication is to DyingToShoutOut for the amazing new cover. I love it so much and I'm going to keep this one after I've finished writing this, so no random cover changes.

_tacenda won my Doncaster cover competition, So Everyone should go read her stories, like NOW. They are:

One Summer, 365 Letters (One Direction) and One Shots (Fan fictions)

GO FAN HER AS WELL!

Now for the negative. I'm sorry this took so long, but November is a busy month. I have most of December and all of January off, so I'll be on then. Now for a little rant about this story:

So I started this story the day I created my Wattpad, and to be honest I had no idea where this story was going or what I was even doing. But I enjoyed writing it. I loved the response I was getting, even though my writing wasn't that great and my plot was a bit stupid. But around Chapter 15, I started to really get sick of this story. In fact, If this didn't have around 10,000 reads, I don't think this would still be up. I only update for you guys, not for the enjoyment of myself and I think that for a writer that really sucks. Usually, a writer who's writing a story but not posting it online would scrap it if they start getting bored of it, because it's just no fun anymore and there's no point.

I hate that voice in my head that's always like 'You haven't uploaded YMU in three weeks, you're going to lose readers.' then I'll go on at home and try to write but nothing comes to my head. I find that it's like writing a hard, boring essay for homework. I don't know what to write, and I'm not enjoying it. 

But no, I wont delete this, however I'm reducing it to 22 chapters, which isn't so dramatic but it's so I don't have that voice in my head saying 'You've got 4 parts left to write, you better get a move on' now it's only 2, which doesn't seem so drastic to me. I warn you, the chapters will be shit. Like, full on shit. Probably less than a page.

The sequel will not be posted until mid/late 2013, so don't expect it to be posted the day after the last chapter of this or anything like that. I'm just really tired of Taya and Niall.

So, this is the second last chapter. Be prepared for a terrible one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Are you nervous?" I questioned as Phil, our driver, parked the car in front of my old house

                "I don't think it's possible for me to be more nervous than I already am." he said as he unbuckled his seat belt

                Niall was about to be officially introduced to my parents. We had arrived in Mullingar a few minutes before and we're going to be staying a full week at my parent's house. I was happy to be spending a week with Niall and my mother and father, people that I love, but I was nervous for Niall. He had to make good first impressions. My mother would like him, as she is naturally accepting person, but my father would be a challenge. In his opinion, all of today's popular musical artists are arrogant and have their heads in the clouds. Hopefully Niall can prove him wrong.

                "You're going to be fine." I reassured him

                I decided not to tell him how intimidating my dad can be, just so he wont start freaking out. As we walked up to the front door, I noticed Niall was walking slower than usual and breathing heavily.

                "It's going to be alright, I promise."

                Niall nodded once and we continued up the stone path. Before we had even reached the half way point, my mother appeared at the door with an apron tied around her waist and her hand hidden in an oven mitt. She tiptoed over to us with her oven mitt hand high in the air and embraced Niall into a warm, comforting hug.

                "Niall! It's so lovely to finally meet you!"

                "It's a pleasure to meet you." Niall said politely

                "Do come in. Stew is nearly finished." 

                 We entered the foyer where Niall hung his coat on the coat hanger and I wrapped my scarf around the wooden pole. My mother ran back to the kitchen to take the stew out of the oven, so we decided it would be a perfect time for him to meet my dad.

                Dad was sitting on an armchair in the lounge, reading the weather report in the newspaper. He was so focused on this weeks forecast that he didn't notice that we had entered the room. I cleared my throat to get his attention and his head snapped up.

                "Dad, this is Niall."

                Dad's eyes examined Niall from head to toe before stretching out his hand.

                "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." Niall said as the two men in the house shared a firm handshake

 *                                                        *                                                          *

                Dinner was lovely. Niall and my parents got along really well. My mother was doing the washing up while my dad put the football on. I was going to help mum with the dishes, but I decided to first tll Niall something I had been meaning to tell him for a while.

                I found him in the lounge watching football. Men and their love for sport. I signalled him over, but instead he threw his arms out as if he was saying 'What?'. 'Come here.' I mouthed. He sighed and rose off the couch.

                We went upstairs and into my old room. I sat myself on the musty bed and he joined me on my left hand side.

                "What's wrong?" he asked

                He took my left hand and started lightly tracing a pattern on the palm. I took a deep breath.

                "Do you remember that day in the meadow, when we we're talking about that fan coming up to your house?" I ask. He nodded "Remember how I asked you for her twitter name?" another nod "Well, here is the thing. Ever since the rumours started that we're dating, this fan has been verbally abusing me and twitter and setting up hate clubs and everything. She's worse than all the others, and I've even bumped into her before. Twice." I felt Niall squeeze my hand a little tighter. Concern was written all over her face "One time she even told me to kill myself." I closed my eyes and tried to hold back the tears that I could sense coming. It felt like there was a giant lump in my throat. Niall put his arm across my shoulders and turned me around so I was facing him.

                "Go on,"

                "Her name is Victoria. She was the one that came to your house that day. She was the one you kissed. I don't know why I haven't told you about her already, I just," I couldn't finish my sentence. I felt a drop of salty water run down my cheek.

                I felt a pair of arms wrap tightly around me and felt his lips brushing against my forehead. We sat there, embracing in silence. But it was a good silence. After all, it's the presence that counts.

                After a good five minutes the silence was broken.

                "Don't worry, I'm going to take care of her."

_________________________________________________

Comment/Vote/Fan.