Chapter 3

(Edited)

I've been here for about 5 hours bored out of mind.

Not a single customer has come.

I've been here. Alone. At work. In a storm.

Fun fun.

I'm cleaning the last DVD of this pile when the door buzzer 'beeps' making me get to my feet before walking over to the counter.

"Hello" I say, putting on a fake smile for the stranger who has their hoody still pulled over there face.

"Oh, hey" he replies, pulling his hood back so I can see his face, the face that I haven't seen in too long.

"Frank!" I almost bust with excitement as I run around the counter to hug him.

He wraps me in a tight embrace and laughs, his wet hair sticking to my neck as he holds me tighter.

"Violet, I've missed you" he says smiling at me once he's released me from the embrace.

"I've missed you! I didn't know you were coming home!" I exclaim, a grin on my face, I use my left hand to move his wet fringe out of his eyes.

"I didn't either" he mumbles, a sad smile making its way to his lips, making me worried.

You see, Frank and I were really great friends in high school, but after graduation his superior bitch face hoe bag college girlfriend made him go away and live with her.

That was halfway across the country, No hard feelings towards her though, no way absolutely not, I love Beth as much as I love milkshakes. (Disclaimer I'm lactose intolerant.)

We didn't really contact each other because Frank's girlfriend, Beth, was always suspicious about Frank and I.

I didn't want to ruin their relationship so I just backed off, as Frank's happiness meant more to me than a relationship.

"What happened?" I ask in a confused tone, raising my eyebrow as he sighs heavily.

"Beth and I, we decided to split." He says, his eyes beginning to water slightly and I frown, not particularly enjoying my best friend on the verge of crying. 

"Oh Frank" I say sadly before hugging comfortingly "when did it happen?" I ask, still embracing him.

"Last night" he says, his voice cracking slightly.

"It's going to be okay, my shift finishes soon, when Holly gets here we can go get a coffee or something" I say, a hopeful smile on my lips and he nods, before deciding to walk around the shop, looking for a movie as I finish up on some other jobs.

Around 15 minutes later, Holly, the other lady who works here comes and Frank and I leave.

"Wait, I don't have a car" I say and screw up my face as I think of the cold rain.

"I've got mine" he says pointing his keys over to a fancy ass car to unlock it.

"Who did you steal this from?" I ask checking out the black Lamborghini.

"Beth's parents got it for me" he says casually but then the saddest look spreads across his face.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything" I apologise, standing by the passenger side door.

"No, it's fine" he says looking to the ground briefly before getting in the car.

I get into the car as well and Frank looks over to me and smiles sadly, it's a look he shouldn't be wearing.

"You haven't changed a bit" he says moving a strand of hair out of my face.

"You have changed so much." I say, admiring his hair. It's a lot shorter and his face has also thinned out a lot, his arms are a lot buffer as well, I can only imagine how he looks under that shirt.

I'd love to take it off to have a look.

No Vi, he's hurt, he's just broken up with his girlfriend of 2 years.

I've always had a crush on Frank.

He's just so fucking adorable.

"I've honestly missed you so much" he says, being all sentimental and cute.

"So have I" I reply and he smiles weakly before looking down at his lap.

"Do you just wanna come back to my place and I'll make us a hot drink?" I offer and he nods enthusiastically.

We drive around to the other side of the block to my house and I tell him he can park in the garage so he doesn't fuck up his fancy car.

We get out of his car and walk inside to find my younger brother Mikey laying on the couch stuffing his face with chips while only dressed in his baggy shirt and boxers, the iPad on his lap, scrolling through tumblr, just the usual day for Mikey.

"Hey Mikey" I say and he looks over at Frank and I and smiles before blushing.

"Oh Frank, how are you?" He asks and they engage in a small conversation.

Mikey is my 16 year old brother who is lazier then a sack of potatoes, eats more than a horse, yet still weighs next to nothing. He stinks, like sweat and just, boy. He doesn't have a job, he has one friend that I know of and he spends all of his time on Xbox and Tumblr.

"How long are you staying?" Mikey asks through a mouthful of food and Frank shrugs and looks at me, but I am too caught up in the grossness of my own brother.

"I'm not sure" he says and Mikey nods before yawning.

"Do you want a drink?" I ask Frank and he nods before following me into the kitchen, leaving Mikey to go back to doing nothing.

"How long are you staying?" I ask Frank again and he sighs heavily before shrugging, as he leans against the bench.

"I dunno, I was hoping to stay with you for a little while, if not I'll go to mums" he says looking over to me with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"You can stay as long as you want." I say and he smiles widely.

___________________________

Lmao hey this is (current) me and I've decided to rewrite most of this story, I'll add it to the start of the book and write it on my message board so everyone will see.

Okay bye now.