Chapter 2

(Edited)

My Work is at a movie store.

We rent movies, sell drinks and snack food and we also sell shoes.

We're called "videos and shoes"

It's very old school and the only customers we get are middle aged women looking for sappy romance films and creepy old men looking porno movies, to which I have to awkwardly tell them that we don't rent them out.

And if that isn't exciting enough for you, we also get to clean, yes, you heard it.

When we have no customers, which is pretty much always, we clean DVDs and their cases.

And when that's done, there's more!

And if you get bored of that, you can choose one of the options which exclusively includes, cleaning the shoe room and sorting all the new stock.

Fun right?

Wrong.

Because I don't know what to do with my life, I don't really have any other option than to work in this godforsaken place.

I mean it's alright somedays but other days I'd rather be locked in a cupboard of bees.

~*~
I jog down the path in the pouring rain to the back door of the video store.

I fumble with the keys and attempt to shield my head from the cold rain that's now dripping down the back of my shirt.

I finally get the door open and I stumble inside, turning the light on as I fall through the door.

The back room lights up revealing the pale yellow walls and grey concrete ground.

I plop my soggy bag on the table and remove all contents of it.

My phone is okay. That's all that really matters right?

Right.

I look in the shitty little mirror on the wall to see that all of my makeup is drippy and gross.

I get one of the wet tissues out of the bottom of my bag and wipe off what's left of my makeup.

Once I look half decent, I go into the shop and turn on all the lights and turn on the cash register and blah blah blah.

All that boring shit.

I open the front doors to let the massive crowd of people who are absolutely bursting with excitement to enter this marvellous store.

Sarcasm noted.

I mean it's 9 o'clock on a Sunday morning! What kind of person would purposefully be awake?

I know I wouldn't. If I could sleep in, I would.

But noooo Violet has to work.
___________________________

HELLO.

Thanks for reading.

I'm deleting most of these authors notes because they're so fucking cringe worthy.

So I'll replace them with sarcastic and downgrading remarks about this book (that I hate)