That could'a gone better...

Double dose (; x

I got home and remembered mum wasn't there, she was coming back tomorrow. I got in, hesitated and locked the door. I felt safer like that. I looked at my whining dogs and decided to take them for a walk.

I left the house and took them into the woods, letting them off the lead. I got my earphones out of my pocket, un tangled them and plugged one in while tucking the wire under my top.

The dogs started barking, I jogged up to them, followed their line of sight and saw a guy with a dog. A very big dog. Strangely my dogs were cowering behind me after the boy's dog barked. I started to walk past him when his dog started running towards mine with his teeth showing, I saw the boy was...grinning?!

I dived for my dog, did a James Bond save and threw my dog out of the way. The boys dog went for me while I was on the floor but I kicked my leg up and got it's leg. It limped back to it's owner.

"C'mon." I whispered to my dog and made a big loop around the guy.

"Where'd you think you're going?" he shouted, I looked at the guy, he had very dark brown hair and dark eyes to match. He was super tall and annoyingly well built. If it came to a fight I would have no chance.

"To walk my dog." I said

"You kicked my dog."

"Your dog tried to bite my dog."

He started at me in shock that I answered him back.

"My name's Drew." He said after a minutes silence.

"My name's Opal." I said, confused at why he was telling me this.

We stayed a few meters from each other looking each other in the eye before my dog's bark broke the silence.

"Umm, well, see you around." I said quickly

"Same to you...Opal." He said, the way he said my name made me shiver.

I turned away listening intently to see if he was following. A few meters away I turned and he was gone.

When I got home I heard a knock at my door. Peace and quiet, please?!

I opened it and saw Kina.

"Hey." I grinned, she was growing on me.

"Hi Opal, umm, I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner over ours, I know last time didn't go well but no one else is coming..."

"Umm, well, I'm not sure, me and Ace aren't exactly..."

"I see, well come over anyway, Ace won't annoy you, please? I need a girl in the house."

"Aww, okay." I chuckled.

I fed my dogs and walked to her house with her.

"Okay, I have no idea what's for dinner, any ideas?" she asked

"Well let's see what you've got shall we?"

I settled for a cheese sauce and bacon pasta and started cooking.

"Mum..." Came a voice, I turned to see a very angry looking Ace.

"What's she doing here?" He said in a deadly tone.

"She's making dinner seen as your girlfriend ruined it last night."

He glared at her. "Mum, she didn't ruin it; it was Opal's fault for-"

"For what?" Kina said "For coming here and making dinner? For sticking up for herself when your girl came over and shunted her to the side, I am not going to allow it. Lisa is no longer accepted in this house hold!"