Drunken Confessions

'Julian.. Julian are you inside?', Julian heard a muffled voice from the other side of the door of his room and he went over quickly to open it.

He opened the door to find Emma, looking slightly red, leaning on the wall.

'Emma, what's up?', Julian asked cheerily. He immediately felt happy whenever he saw Emma - probably a side effect of being parabatais and literally tied to each other forever.

'Julian.. I have to say something..',Emma slurred slightly and pushed julian further into the room before locking his door.

Julian, a little flustered and confused, stood in the middle of his room as Emma sauntered back towards him, walking in a slightly zigzag manner.

'Em, you are drunk.. Let me get you some water..', Julian took a cup from his table, ready to head out to the kitchen to get some.

'No!', Emma shouted, pushing the plastic cup out of his hand.

He heard the cup fall onto the ground as Emma tiptoed and put both hands on his shoulder.

'I have to say this before I chicken out..', Emma admitted, eyes unfocused.

Julian knew that whatever she was going to say next would be a drunken mistake--something she would want to take back next time, but he couldn't  stop her in time as she pushed him onto his bed and sat squarely onto his lap, face serious and convicted.

Julian heated up immediately, after being in love with his parabatai for years and finally making a little bit of progress in forgetting his crush on Emma, looking at her eyes and her golden blonde hair so closely made him fall all over her again.

Julian knew he was completely doomed, it took every ounce of his self control to not reach out and touch her hair or do anything else he would regret afterwards.

Emma wasn't making it any easier for him as she continued to adjust herself  to find a comfortable postion to settle down in.

When she finally stopped shuffling, Julian's eyes were wide open and beads of perspiration had gathered on his forehead.

'I just wanted to say.. Well..', She giggled slightly, covering her mouth with one hand, an action Julian thought he never would see Emma do yet he still adored it.

'I can't believe I'm saying this. Oh my gosh, everybody is going to murder me.', Emma continued.

Suddenly her eyes travelled down to his lips and she licked her lips slightly, making Julian's whole body light up.

He continued staring at her, unsure of her intentions, with a mixture of hope and fear.

'Julian. I'm going to kiss you now alright? Might as well show it rather than say it.', Emma said, her eyes still locked on his.

Julian swallowed and gave himself the opportunity to look down at her slightly parted pink lips.

He didn't reply but he guessed that his body language probably gave him away as Emma leaned forward and kissed him lightly on his mouth.

For a moment, he didn't care whether she was drunk or that they should not be doing this and kissed her back.

When their lips parted, Julian kept his eyes closed, unwilling to go back to reality.

Suddenly, he heard a small snore.

Emma had fallen asleep.

Julian opened his eyes and took in the sight before him.

Emma was lying on his lap, curled up in a ball and gently snoring.

Julian wanted this to last forever but he knew that Emma probably wouldn't remember anything when she woke up.

He slowly shifted Emma, careful not to wake her and draped his blanket over her before leaving his room to clear his mind.

Julian knew that now, he would never get over her. And that it will definitely be much harder to hide his feelings than before.