Slow Dancing

It was raining outside and emma was sitting by her window, staring gloomily outside.

Emma is very much an outside person, she enjoyed basking in this sun and strolling on the beach but the weather prevented her from doing so.

'Looks like it's raining again.', Julian said walking into her room without warning.

Emma whipped her head around to glare at him.

'Julian, won't you knock?'

'The thing is, your door is wide open so...', Julian reasoned.

Emma turned back to the window and signed.

'I can't believe it, it's the fifth day in a row the rain is so heavy. '

She felt Julian's presence as he stood next to her, 'Yup, you must be pretty down huh?'

Contrary to Emma, Julian, though he liked going out, was not a very outdoor person. He enjoys being indoors as much as he is outdoors having adventures and discovering new areas. Julian thus didn't found the rain as annoying but rather pleasant to listen to and relax.

'I want to go out so bad my small brain is literally exploding!', Emma exclaimed dramatically and pouted at Julian.

Julian thought for a moment and smiled at her.

'Why that face? It's your idea face, isn't it?', Emma cocked her head to one side curiously.

'Come!', Julian held her arm and lead her out of her room.

'Jules! I'm in my pajamas!', Emma said.

'It's okay, it's late anyways no one would see us.', Julian said, walking faster.

Emma had to jog slightly to keep up with his big steps.

Finally, they reached the door of the institute and Julian pulled it open to reveal the still pouring rain.

'Julian.. What are we doing?'

Julian turned back to face her, holding both her hands and beaming proudly as if he just won a prize.

'We are going to dance in the rain! Like you wanted!'

Emma was confused for a second, before she remembered her wish on her 13th birthday.

...

'Jules, I wish...'
'shh Emma you are supposed to keep your wishes to yourself or they won't come true!', Julian said seriously.

Emma and Julian were sitting on the roof, staring at the stars on Emma's 13th birthday, huddled together in a bright pink blanket.

'No Jules, I want to say it out loud... Because I just want to!', Emma said stubbornly.

Jules sighed and motioned her to continue.

'I wish.. I wish we can dance in the rain together one day!! Jules, you and me!!'
Emma said, her hands clasped in a prayer sort of way.

Julian was surprised despite the fact that Emma always said weird and random things.

'Why?', he asked quietly.

'just because!', Emma said assertively, not accepting any objection.

Soon after, she pretty much forgot completely about that conversation and never asked Julian about it again.

...
'Julian, you still remember..? Its been years..! ', Emma said, shocked that her childish wish had been considered by him.

'Of course! Now are we dancing or what?', Julian said excitedly.

'How could I say no?', Emma beamed at him.

-and they haven't got to the actual dancing oops.. I might have part 2 for this!!

Cheers, faith