Date Night

Julian combed his hair one last time and checked his look in his mirror.

He sighed in defeat.

After being asked multiple times to go on a blind date, Mark finally managed to persuade Julian.

Mark's reason was simple-- if Julian did not get a girlfriend soon, he wouldn't be able to ever do so, after all, most of the girls will be taken soon.

Julian was already twenty, and in these long twenty years of his life, he never ever had a girlfriend, or even his first kiss.

Julian never wanted to go on a blind date, and he wasn't planning to yield, but after seeing how worried everyone seemed to be, he finally decided to give it a try... Even though he knew that his heart was already taken long long time ago by his parabatai and he won't stop loving her anytime soon.

When Julian stepped out of the toilet, Mark blackthorn was already waiting for him.

'You look good... She is going to love it!', Mark commented.

Julian plastered a fake smile on his face.

I'm doing this for my family.

Julian grabbed a taxi and got to the diner they were supposed to meat.

'Table for one?', a waitress asked politely.

'Two. Thank you.', an unfamiliar voice called out from behind him.

Julian whipped his head around to see a girl, with fiery bright red hair, smiling at him.

They were taken to their table when she introduced herself.

'Hi.. I'm Clara, nice to meet you.'

'Hello, I'm Julian, it's a pleasure to meet you too.'

This is going to be terrible.

The air became awkward immediately after as neither of them decided to start a conversation.

Clara began scanning through the menu and Julian flipped through his menu too, though his heart wasn't really in it.

'I'll get set menu A please.', Clara said to the waitress.

'I'll get the same thing thank you.', Julian said politely.

After the waitress left, Clara finally decided to break the ice.

'So...', Clara was saying but Julian didn't catch a thing because the door opened and Julian saw the sight of his parabatai blond hair, tied in a ponytail.

What's Emma doing here?

Julian didn't have time to think and find an answer before Emma stormed towards them.

'Hi, my name is Emma, I'm Julian' s best friend.', Emma said as she stood beside Julian, smiling slightly though it seemed pretty menacing to him.

'Um.. Hi, I'm Clara.. Nice to meet you? ', Clare said, a little dumbfounded and confused.

'I heard you are Julian's blind date... Since you know.. I know him so well already, why not I ask you a few questions? And then we can see if you guys might go together!', Emma clapped twice and asked cheerfully.

Julian didn't know what was going on, but by the look of Emma's face, he could tell that it's best he just stayed out of it.

Maybe they know each other..?

' Okay, shoot! ', Clara said.

' Do you like mayonnaise?', Emma asked.

'I love mayonnaise, it's one of my favourite sauce... I put it on everything!'

'Well in that case, I don't think you two will work.. Julian hates mayonnaise with a passion. So I guess that's that. It was nice meeting you!', Emma said quickly and took Julian's hand, pulling him out of the restaurant, leaving a very confused Clara behind.

Once they were outside, Emma let go of Julian's hand, anger radiating of her.

'Em, what's going on? Are you okay? ', Julian asked gently.

Emma didn't reply and just walked forward in large steps.

Julian jogged and caught up, still very confused.

'I.. I shouldnt be here..', Emma muttered to herself and she looked upset suddenly, the anger wearing off.

She stopped suddenly and took Julian's hand.

'Follow me.'

They raced down the streets until they reached a dark alley, with nobody in it.

Emma stopped, panting slightly, still holding on to Julian's hand.

'I... Let me explain..', Emma said.

Julian looked worriedly at her as tears seemed to gather at her eyes.

'ugh I hate myself!', Emma stomped her foot on the ground.

Without warning, she pushed Julian back to a wall and kissed him.

Julian let out a yelp of surprised as she wrapped her arms around his neck, playing with his hair, eyes closed and kissed him deeper.

Julian soon returned the kiss, with equal passion, their mouths sealed together like the whisper of a promise. Sparks flew everywhere she touched him. Julian closed his eyes in pure pleasure.

Suddenly, she broke away.

'Julian.. Jules.. I'm so sorry.. I shouldn't have..', Emma didn't finish her sentence as Julian embraced her in a hug.

'Emma.. You have no idea.. How long... I've wanted this.', Julian said, voice breaking.

'wait.. really? I.. I didn't know.. I thought you only loved me as a sister..'

'I must be pretty good at hiding my feelings huh?', Julian replied jokingly.

They stayed in each others embrace for a long time. Without a fear of what would happen next.

-Okayys that was really bad 😂😱 but I still hope yall like it!!!