Shower

Emma laughed and almost fell off her bed when she thought of something extremely funny suddenly.

On impulse, she thought that she did tell Julian about the joke.

Excited to see his reaction and in general, to see him, after being apart for not more than an hour, Emma jumped out of her bed and ran to Julian's room.

His door was open so Emma poked her head in.

She heard the flow of water behind a closed door in his room.

Oh he is showering..

Emma decided to wait for him to finish his shower and tell him the joke.

She strolled into his room and casually plopped onto his bed, staring at his art filled walls.

There were pictures of his siblings everywhere and some unfinished pieces scattered messily on his table.

Emma smiled at Julia's tendency to be untidy.

She had always scolded Julian for not keeping his room tidy and his excuse was always that it was an 'organised mess'. Emma rolled her eyes at that thought and chuckled to herself.

Swinging her legs forward and backwards, Emma hummed to a song as she considered to daydream about random details on her parabatai and his habits.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and emma was snapped out of her reverie.

She was about to call out to Julian as he hasn't seemed to notice her presence yet but he already stepped out of the bathroom, with a towel hanging dangerously low below his hips and one to dry his hair.

Emma was speechless for a second and she swallowed her saliva though she didn't really know why as she had definitely seen Julian shirtless countless times during trainings.

'Jules!', she shouted to capture his attention.

His eyes shot up from underneath the towel he was using to dry his hair, mouth open slightly from shock.

'Emma! Um..', He seemed aware of the current situation and probably the fact that Emma was blushing furiously and fidgiting slightly with her fingers, not looking at his eyes.

Julian backed away slowly, his face heating up a little too.

'I'll just change and be right back..', he said, rushing back into the toilet and closing the door.

When Emma heard the door lock, she heaved a sign of relief, for a reason she really couldn't understand again and tried to remember the purpose of her coming to his room, but that memory was temporarily out of reach.

'Darn it!', Emma cussed and hit herself on her head a few times.

'Emma, don't do that!', Julian's voice interrupted her and she realised that he was already fully dressed, standing in front of her.

What's wrong with me today? Emma thought to herself.

Julian took hold of the hand she was using to hit her forehead and said worriedly,' don't you remember, I don't like it when you hit yourself.. Don't be too hard on yourself okay?'

Emma's brain went woozy and she couldn't really focus on anything but the sensation of his hand on hers. This was pretty much the first time Emma felt such a feeling from julian.

She quickly withdrawed her hand and then regretted for doing it so swiftly that it seemed that she was angry.

'I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to tell you to do anything. Honestly. You don't have to listen to me I'm sorry..', Julian apologised furiously, afraid that he had hurt her feelings.

This somehow made Emma warm up inside. It felt like a ball of sunshine was in her stomach and she don't think she would be able to get rid of it anytime soon....