Chapter 2. Explore Outside. Finding Answers

Narika finally got to see the world for herself. Everything was new to her. She decided to head to town but once she arrived people started to stare at her. "That's the prince's new girlfriend. But I thought it was a human" Most of the people start to talk about her which made her curious as she looks around. "I wonder why everyone is looking at me and talking about me? I just got here. Wait they thought I was human? But I am a human. What are they all talking about?" She grew more curious as she walks through the town. She tried to be nice to the townspeople but they all took a step away from her because they see her different. "Guess nobody likes me in this town. But I have to find something for Caspian. What could he want in return?" She searches for a shop and looks around inside. "What could a prince use that he doesn't already have? This will be hard" She sighs and keeps searching. As she looks around people in the store watch her and talk about her. "The Prince's girlfriend looks so pale. Is she really a human?" Narika hears them and answers them. "Of course I'm a human. I know I have pale skin but that doesn't make me different. I'm human like all of you. So please don't judge me or I'll tell Caspian" She walks out of the store and goes somewhere else and leans against a tree and sighed deeply. "What is wrong with this world? Its like everyone is against me and keeping secrets from me. I wish I knew what was going on. Is the world full of secrets?" She sighs again and continues to walk through the town. Meanwhile back at the castle Caspian was sitting in his chair and thinking as he held a glass of Blood Wine. "Jumin I simply cannot let Narika know that I'm a vampire. But Its not easy keeping secrets from her" He sighs and sips his wine. "Everytime I smell her neck or everytime I touch her I just want to bite her.....But she would find out. What should I do Jumin?" Jumin thinks as he fixes his glasses. "My prince obviously she's going to find out.....before you returned the sunlight burned her arm" This shocked Caspian. "What!!! The sunlight burned my beautiful white rose! Is she alright?" Jumin nods. "Of course sir. It was just one little burn. She should be ok" Caspian runs out of the castle and goes to find her. "If her skin burns then she'll find out she's a vampire. I have to find her. Narika! Narika where are you?" He kept calling her name but she was nowhere in sight. Meanwhile Narika was standing on a hilltop looking over the town and thinks. "At least I can finally see all of the town. But I wish people would accept me. I also wish somebody would tell me what I'm not supposed to know. So many questions running through my head. Especially the main question. Why am I so pale?" She sighs and leans against a tree. "Guess I should head back to the castle. Caspian is probably looking for me" She heads back to the castle and Caspian spots her. "Narika there you are" He runs over to her and hugs her. "I heard about your arm. Is it alright?" He panics and held her close. "Caspian I'm fine. No damage" He sighs in relief and carries her back to the castle. "I can't let anything happen to you. Your important to me" Once they get to the castle Narika spoke up. "Caspian why are you hiding secrets from me?" He stops walking and looks down at her. "Um....I cannot tell you Narika" He sets her down and goes inside. "What are you hiding from me!" He stops walking and his eyes change to red. "You really want to know" He turns around and runs at her and pins her down. This frightened her. "Caspian.....your a vampire?" He then realizes what he done and backed away from her and looks away from her. "Yes....I'm a vampire. But not any normal vampire. Vampire Prince Caspian. And now.....your becoming one" She steps away from him. "No....no this can't be happening" Stay away from me Caspian" She runs away from him and he looks down heartbroken and walks inside the castle. "Prince Caspian what seems to be the problem?" Jumin questions him. Caspian sighs. "I told her the truth. She ran away from me and I don't think she'll come back to me. She hates me now" He heads to his room crushed and lays in his coffin. "I'll never love again. She was my only love" He closes the lid of his coffin and sleeps. Meanwhile Narika was running away from the castle and the town crying since Caspian told her the truth. "He's a vampire, all this time" She stops and catches her breath. "So these marks on my neck are from him and now I'm becoming a vampire. And that's why I'm so pale....." She holds herself and cries again. "I'll never love again. I'm not worthy of anyone" She vowed herself to never love again as she walks away from the kingdom. Night falls and Caspian's castle grew dead quiet. All Caspian could think of was Narika. "I miss her. I want her back. I have to go find her and apologize"