5. A Grand Tour

Early the next morning, Kakashi decided to check on his three new neighbours. He left his apartment complex and strolled down the street while reading Icha Icha Paradise. They stayed on the third and highest floor of their building, directly parallel to Kakashi’s place. Kakashi turned the corner of the building and strode towards the first set of stairs, when suddenly, “Last one down’s a flimsy noodle!” he heard someone yell from the railings of the third floor above.  It was Ryuu, bursting out his door. He then ran and jumped over the railing as if it was a hurdle. He descended to the ground three storeys below. 

“Hey, wait up!” Miyuki said, bursting out the same door. She grabbed the railing with one hand, hopped on it. She then sprang up into the air. Ryuu landed, crouched on the ground, and sprang up with both arms above his head, “And he sticks the landing! Next stop, the Hyuga’s!” With a series of graceful twists and spins, she landed in front of Ryuu with a hand on her hip, “Seriously Ryuu. You don’t even know where that is.” She said. “Where’s Katsu?” Just then, Katsu lazily dragged his feet out the door, “You guys… That’s not fair!” he whined from above. “He’s right, you know. It’s too early in the morning for this.” Miyuki told Ryuu. “Just jump down, Katsu! You’ll be fine!” Ryuu called to above. 

Katsu sighed in defeat and then grabbed the railing with one hand, before lifting the rest of his body up and over it. He landed on the ground beside Ryuu. “Need I remind you, Sakura told us to take it easy until we’re up to full strength. We just finished breakfast. I don’t plan on losing it too.” Katsu said, glaring at his brother. Kakashi had watched their landings from the staircase and began heading towards them in the courtyard with his book in hand, and nonchalant stride. “Aww, come on. Where’s your enthusiasm, you two?” Ryuu complained. “My bed.” Katsu frowned. Miyuki nodded, “Mine too. Why don’t I just- Hmm?” Miyuki was about to head back up the stairs, when she spotted Kakashi approaching. His lazy gaze stayed fixated in his book. Her brothers curiously turned, and Ryuu gasped in excitement, “Morning Kakashi!” he waved. Kakashi raised his head from his book and gave a small wave, “Yo.” He eyes-closed smiled. 

When he reached them, they all gave a polite bow, “Good morning, Lord Kakashi.” Katsu greeted. Kakashi sweat-dropped, “Please, drop the bowing and the ‘lord.’” he said, waving it off dismissively. Miyuki shrugged, “Whatever you say, Old man.” Kakashi gave her an unimpressed stare, when suddenly Ryuu popped up behind him. “Hey, what are you reading, Kakashi?” he inquired, before beginning to read a few lines. Ryuu’s face instantly went red and he slapped his hands over his eyes, “WAH! My eyes! Kakashi, how could you?” he exclaimed, backing up blindly as he accused him. “Hmm?” Miyuki curiously raised an eyebrow. Katsu bent over to read the front cover while Kakashi remained aloof, “Icha Icha Paradise… It’s an erotic novel series.” Katsu explained to Miyuki. “My poor mind.” Ryuu cried in grave devastation as he walked over to stand beside his brother. Katsu face palmed, while Miyuki burst out laughing, much to Kakashi’s surprise. 

“Wow, Ryuu, you could learn a thing or two reading one of those.” She joked teasingly. “Miyuki!” Ryuu complained. “What? It’s true. You’re the only guy I know who doesn’t read this stuff, right Katsu?” Miyuki chuckled out, glancing over at Katsu beside her. Katsu raised his hands up defensively, “I’m not saying anything.” He said innocently. Ryuu cried at Katsu’s side, “Miyuki… Why do you always have to bring this kind of stuff up? Let’s just go to the Hyuga’s for the tour already.” He whined. 

“Hyuga’s? So, you’ve made friends already?” Kakashi interrupted. Ryuu snapped out of it, and the three nodded in unison. “Yes. Hinata Hyuga offered to take us on a tour of the Village today. Now, where did she say she stays again…?” Miyuki wondered. Her brothers deadpanned, “What!? You don’t remember?” Ryuu asked in shock. Miyuki looked at him in anger, “Well, it’s not my fault Katsu is usually with me to handle directions.” she retorted. Katsu face-palmed, “Can’t take you anywhere, can we?” he said rhetorically. Miyuki grew red in anger and embarrassment. She huffed to turn away from them. “Well, if it’s Hinata’s place you’re looking for, I’d be happy to help.” Kakashi interrupted. The three’s faces instantly lit up. She leaned into his face, “Really!?” she asked with hopeful eyes. Kakashi felt himself tense in awkwardness, “Uhr… Yes. If you don’t mind, that is.” He answered, averting her big, sparkling eyes. Miyuki nodded with a small smile, “Yes, thanks!” she sweetly answered. “Looks like we got lucky then.” Katsu stated. “Then it’s off to the Hyuga’s!” Ryuu declared, and with that, they were off.