• Chapter 1 •

It was a beautiful day, the sky was blue, I stood there on the R.L.S. Legacy next to my Aunt Amelia just taking in the view. I was extremely excited about this. I still couldn't believe that I was going to Treasure Planet, let alone the fact the Aunt Amelia let me on this trip. It was my first time joining her on one of these.

I still hadn't met the person that was financing the voyage, or the person that found the map. I was eager to meet them and thank them, I was just so happy to be a part of this voyage.

"Well (Y/n), how are you feeling about this?" Aunt Amelia asked.

"I know this is going to be challenging and long but I feel nothing but overjoyed Aunt Amelia!" I said looking up at her.

"That's just lovely dear, but now that you're working on my ship you'll have to call me Captain." She winked.

"Why of course Captain Amelia." I smiled.

Mr. Arrow came walking towards, he was Amelia's first mate and a great friend. He always had everything in order from what I would see before Amelia would leave for trips.

"Everything should be in order Captain Amelia" Mr. Arrow said standing opposite us with his hands behind his back.

"Splendid, I best make sure of it. I'll return shortly." She went off checking the sails and making sure everything was shipshape.

I had spent so long learning about ships like this one so that I would be ready for this and so I could help out.

"Miss. (Y/L/N), it's good to see you here with us. I think you'll have a great time." Mr. Arrow said as we watched Amelia whizz around.

Amelia had told me that the two people who were joining our voyage were a Doctor and a boy around my age. The boy was the one who found the map. This made it even more exciting, I was excited to maybe be able to have a friend my age. I didn't have many, I was a bit of an outcast. I thought it would be a nice chance to make friends with someone who didn't already think I was weird. I couldn't wait to meet the two but I was still nervous, I wanted to make a good impression.

"Good Morning Captain and first mate I presume! Everything shipshape?" A voice came from behind us.

We both turned around to see a man who looked sort of like a dog in a weird looking metal suit.

"Shipshape it is sir, but i'm not the Captain." Mr Arrow replied.

"Nor am I the first mate" I said smiling.

"The Captain's aloft" Mr. Arrow added.

I looked up to see Aunt Amelia swinging from ropes making her way down to us. I always loved when she did that, it looked so cool.

The man standing before us looked really shocked or dazzled by Amelia. She walked over to Mr. Arrow and I.

"Mr. Arrow, I've checked this miserable ship from stem to stem and, as usual, it's spot on. Can you get nothing wrong?" Amelia said playfully.

"You flatter me, Captain" Mr. Arrow said tipping his hat at her.

Amelia walked over to the man in the funny suit and said, "Ah. Dr. Doppler I presume?".

Doctor? Wait was this the man who was financing the voyage? I thought to myself.

"Uh, um...yes. I..." Dr Doppler stuttered.

"Hello! Can you hear me?" Amelia joked, knocking on his metal suit.

Dr. Doppler tried to swat her hands away and said, "Yes, I can! Stop that banging."

"If I may, Doctor, this works so much better when it's the right way up and plugged in" Aunt Amelia said fidgeting with his metal suit. "Lovely there you go".

The Doctor got slightly flustered, " If you don't mind, I can manage my own plugging" I giggled a little, quietly.

"I'm Captain Amelia, late of a few run-ins with the Protean Armada." Amelia grabbed his hand and shook it. "Nasty business, but I won't bore you with my scars." "You've met my first officer Mr. Arrow" She continued. I always loved how talkative she was. "Sterling, tough, dependable, honest, brave, and true" She said playfully punching Mr. Arrow.

"Please Captain" He said pretending to be embarrassed by her flattery.

"Shut up, Arrow. You know I don't mean a word of it." She joked. "Oh and how could I forget. This is my niece (Y/n)(Y/L/n). Wonderful girl, real intelligent, just a delight to be around." She smiled at me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Why thank you Captain." I smiled, looking down at my feet.

Dr. Doppler coughed to grab our attention, "Excuse me. I hate to interrupt this lovely banter, but may I introduce to you, Jim Hawkins?"

A boy around my age stepped out from behind him looking around in amazement at the ship and everything going on. This must be the one who found the map. He was quite attractive, I was expecting someone sort of nerdy looking, there was no complaints from me though. He had brown hair and blue eyes, he stood tall, slightly taller than myself.

He looked up when he heard his name and stared at me for a moment, the direct eye contact made me a little nervous so I looked away. I think I felt my cheeks dust pink.

The Doctor continued, "Jim, you see, is the boy who found the treasure-"

Amelia stoped him from continuing his sentence by grabbing his face and saying "Doctor, please!" She looked around at the crew. "I'd like a word with you in my stateroom".

I knew what she was doing. This was a crew, we didn't know much about. They could be after anything. Amelia had told me that she didn't trust them, so telling them about the treasure was a no-no.

quick little (a/n), i'm just going to put a picture of an outfit below here. I think it's what (Y/n) would be wearing. If you don't like it don't worry, it's just a little something for the imagination.

 If you don't like it don't worry, it's just a little something for the imagination