Chapter Eighteen - Time goes so slow.

Harry's Pov

"Em! Oh my god Emmie!" I pulled her close to me, crying with happiness.

"I thought I'd lost you."

I held her in my arms, not wanting to let go. I could feel her faint heartbeat, creating a small weak rhythm.

"Where is the ambulance?" I screamed at Louis who was shaking in fear and relief.

"They said they'd be here soon, Harry."

"What if she doesn't have soon? Louis you don't understand, we have to get her there now!" I pleaded to him, as her heartbeat slowed down.

Josh ran off, up the steps of the beach. Niall and Zayn shivered underneath their towels, as everyone sat in silence.

I rubbed her arms, trying to give her any body heat I could. Zayn and Niall placed their towels over her. I gave them a grateful look, but Zayn couldn't look me in the eye.

Suddenly a black car, sped onto the beach and pulled up beside us.

"Get her in!" Josh shouted from the drivers seat.

"Josh, this is illegal, you can be arrested for this! And you don't want to move her in case she gets worse!" Liam protested

"I don't care, soon it'll be too late and I won't stand by and watch her die! Get her in!" He said directly at me.

I slowly held her in my arms, bridal style as Niall held the car door open for me quickly.

I sat down as I laid her across two seats. The others piled into the backseat.

"THIS IS ILLEGAL" Liam screamed as Josh sped down the road.

"YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST." He shouted.

"Oh shit, guys look behind us!" Louis shouted.

There behind us, was a police car signalling for us to pull over.

"STOP OR YOU COULD GO TO PRISON!" Liam shouted again.

"She's worth it!" Josh called, as he drove even faster.

I should be the one driving, I feel so helpless. Her life isn't in my control.

The Hospital was so close by, I was so scared for Em! We pulled up by the ambulance car park I scooped her up and ran towards the entrance.

The police officers ran out of their car, towards us.

"I'll deal with it, just save her Harry!" Josh shouted as I nodded and ran into the building.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Time goes so slow when you're waiting for something. Every little thing seems to last a lifetime. Every machine is magnified, every sound is like a blur.

I stare through the window, into Emmie's room. She's lying frail on the bed, covered in tubes and machinery. Doctors and nurses are rushing around her. I feel so helpless.

It's all my fault.

Dark bags hang around my eyes but I refuse to leave. My hair is bedraggled, and I feel so physically and emotionally empty. I feel like I've ran out of tears, like I have no emotions left anymore.

It's been four days, the boys visit everyday but they have busy schedules. I do too, but I refuse to leave her.

"You should go home." A dark haired nurse sits beside me, slowly on the bench.

"I can't leave her, you don't understand, its my fault!" I explained with deep sadness.

"Well I've heard quite the opposite. If it wasn't for you performing CPR, then she wouldn't be here. You're quite the hero."

I shook my head.

"No, I'm anything but that...Just tell me, will she be okay?"

"Well it's too soon to say, I'm sorry I don't-"

"Look, just give me a straight answer please! No-one else will!" I pleaded.

She looked down and sighed.

"Okay, but you're not gonna like this. I'm sorry but if she wakes from the coma, her heart will be very weak! We can keep her here until it's safe for her to leave but she'll never fully recover. She will be able to return back to normal, but her heart won't cope as long as other people."

"How long?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

"I can't tell y-"

"How long!" I said harshly.

She paused and glanced into Emmie's room.

"Two years, if she's lucky. I'm so sorry."

Imagine finding out that your best friend and love of your life had two years to live. The pain is unbearable.

"NO!" I screamed.

"You've got it wrong! You must have!"

"No, I'm sorry I haven't. The only way to save her is a heart transplant, but heart donations are very rare. But you still have hope!"

I threw myself into a foetus position.

How could I tell her this?

Why me.

Why her.

Out of all the amazing people in this world, why would my angel be taken from me that soon.

Suddenly all the nurses ran into her room, a machine started beeping on and off. On and off. I ran into her room and stood by her bedside desperately. Slowly Emmie's eyes blinked open, as she coughed and spluttered. She looked around, scared and confused at all the tubes around her.

She look so scared and frail. Finally her eyes met mine.

"Harry?" She smiled, knowing I was here for her. Her voice was dry but somehow still soft and loving.

"I'm here love, I'll always be here." I clasped her hand as she smiled.

And it was that moment that I decided, I would never tell her. I would be here for her, and she wouldn't be scared. I couldn't tell her even if I wanted to.

All I know is, I won't let her go and give up on her this easily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I havent updated in so long because of exams, sorry I feel so bad! And you probably hate me for this storyline, but I promise things will get better for Hemmie. There will be a HUGE plot twist that will cause happiness, but also lots of tears! I'm back to regular uploads now, so I'm backkk :) Please comment and vote, I love you all. Oh and are you still Hemmie or a bit of Jemmie?

Sophie xxx