Part 10

NOT the conclusion.  I said that part ten would conclude this story, but I was wrong ;)  There should be one more part to wrap this up.  Sorry this took a while.  Hope ya'll enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fresh from the shower and dressed in a plush navy blue robe, Kori lay sideways on her bed with her tablet propped in front of her. A small smile on her face, she patiently waited for her cyber friend's reply. Although she smiled, there rested a tiny nervous knot in the pit of her stomach. What if the other woman declined her invitation? They started communicating three months ago when Kori received a friend request via Facebook with the attached message 'I see we're both in Boston. You wanna be friends?'.

Barely a day went by that Kori wasn't delighted that she had accepted Lark White as a friend. Although neither of them went into too many details concerning their personal lives, they had covered a vast array of topics and everything that she did know about her Boston neighbor, Kori appreciated learning. Amongst what she learned, Lark was born and raised in Boston, Italian was her favorite cuisine, she was crazy about music, she had a small child and was thirty-six years of age. She didn't have a clue what she looked like, as Lark hadn't shared such details and her profile picture was of a nature landscape.

Fingers grazing the keyboard hooked to her tablet, Kori watched the screen for her friend's answer. Perhaps she wasn't ready to meet yet. Perhaps she never wanted them to meet. Coming face to face wasn't something that they had ever discussed, so Kori didn't have a clue what Lark's opinion might be. Regardless, Kori realized that she hadn't given her chat buddy much notice since the event she had invited her to was only three days away, so she might have to decline because she didn't have enough time to prepare.

Lark White:  I'd love to!

Smile broadening, Kori placed her fingers on the home row and began to type her response.

Kori Eaton:  Really?

Lark White:  Absolutely! What time?

Kori Eaton:  I'll email you an official invitation. It'll contain all of the pertinent information you'll need. I can't wait to finally meet you.

Lark White:  *smile* Neither can I. How will we know each other? Oh, wait. I know what you look like from your Facebook page, lol.

Kori Eaton:  You could just send me your picture now...

Lark White:  Nah. I want the first time you see my face to be...well, face to face :p

Kori Eaton:  (laughing) Ok. Considering you're aware of what I look like, just waltz right up to me and introduce yourself as Lark.

Lark White:  Hm, that sounds simple enough.

Kori Eaton:  Doesn't it though?

Lark White:  What should I wear?

"My, my. What an important question that is! You should be asking yourself the same thing, Kori."

Emitting a faint groan, Kori glanced toward her left to find a woman who could be Halle Berry's younger sister standing near the foot of her bed. One perfectly shaped dark eyebrow raised, she dropped her purse on a nearby desk and headed toward the walk-in closet, hips gently swaying as she walked. Hazel eyes took a moment to admire the buttocks encased in a form-fitting maroon skirt before returning to the conversation on the screen. Stating that she had to leave for a while, Kori made a date for the two of them to resume that evening.