Chapter 13

Chapter 13

(Dean Construction Headquarters --->)

Ben’s POV

As I walked into the elevator heading back up to the top floor, practically down with all of the errands that Rachael had wanted me to get down, I felt a vibration from my phone, indicating I had a new message. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw it was from Rachael.

Mr. Marshal is here. Come to my office to get some documents for him.

I replied back that I would be there then in a few minutes, and waited for the elevator to make its ascent to the top floor. As the doors opened, I rushed down the hall to her desk office and gave her the reports I had while trading off with the documents she had.

“Here you go.” She said, handing me the paperwork. “He just got in, so he shouldn’t be that busy yet.” I nodded in agreement, and headed over to James’ office.

The closer I got to the office, the more my nerves got to me. How was I going to act in front of him? Would he want me to act as if we were just colleagues? Or would he want me to show some affection if we were alone?

But the time I mad it to his office, I had decided that I was just going to take his lead. If he acted professional, and business oriented, then so was I. But if he showed me some affection and gentleness in the privacy of his office, I would gladly reciprocate it.

As I walked up to James’ office, I realized that Samantha wasn’t there, and for some reason, I wasn’t sure if I should like that or not. Did that mean that James had already fired her? But from what it looked like, her bag and long tan rain jacket where still there. That gave me an uneasy feeling.

I walked up to the door, and heard Samantha’s voice from within. I crept closer and was about to open the door, when I heard James growl out a “Ms. Williams.” But what came next had my heart racing a million miles per hours.

“Oh, yeah, baby!” This time I could clear make out Samantha’s voice.

I pulled the door back and was disgusted by what I saw. Samantha was it some small bright red lingerie that consisted of a plain red bra and a bejeweled pair over very thin and small underwear. And James had his hands on her shoulder keeping her at arms length from his body.

But what broke my heart and had tears gathering in my eyes was when I looked down and I could see that Samantha’s hand was clearly grabbing on to James’ obvious erection. As I looked closer I could see that her thumb was rubbing up and down the side of it. I gasped at what finally made sense.

He lied to me! He was in fact attracted to Samantha and was only using me as the new employee. Just some new ass he could say that he had gotten a piece of. Was that all he wanted? Was leverage over me? A way to blackmail me later on to anything he wanted? I couldn’t believe it.

At the sound of my gasp, James turned towards me, and look of surprise in his eyes only strengthened the thoughts of him using me. He didn’t think he was going to get caught, and he was surprised that he did.

Not giving him a chance to speak his way out of this one, I ran out of the office, and stormed down back to Rachael’s office and my desk.

“Ah, Ben that was fast.” Rachael said as she walked out of her office looking over a piece of paper before looking up at me. She squinted her eyes for a second and looked at me before asking, “Ben, what’s the matter?”

I was about ready to pour my heart out to her until it dawned on me that she was in on it the whole time. That’s why she smirked earlier this morning when she had asked about my weekend. She knew what James was doing and supported him through it. Of course!