11. I know relationships are based on trust.

Hey! Hello there. How are you? Have you noticed these sentences start with the letter H? Heck yeah!

I've been feeling unwell for the past few days, not physically but quite emotionally. I'll keep writing of course, but I'll do it a bit less next week to give myself some time to rest. Yay!

Also, happy 25th birthday, Courtney! I'm publishing this a bit earlier than usual to greet her, because it wouldn't be June 19 in the Philippines anymore if I published it on time.

Let's begin then! Shayne's POV and see ya.

-/-/-

"So you've come here for legal advice?"

I sigh as Atty. George's secretary pours me a cup of tea. "Yeah, and you probably know it's bad because we aren't supposed to meet up yet this month," I answer.

"Well, as your divorce lawyer, I'm gonna assume this is about the divorce."

"It is. You might get mad about it too."

It had been several weeks since the whole Damien discovery. Honestly, I'm still shocked as to how far he got finding out about the whole divorce thing. I started to believe for a moment that Damien could actually become an investigative journalist or a detective, but maybe he's just really good at games that he applies them to real-life situations and spectacularly too.

On the other hand, Courtney and I have been getting along better. Last month, for my birthday, she got me probably the best opportunity of a lifetime:

"So," she said as she sat down next to me on the couch, "since we've thrown each other a lot of surprises by now, and I don't know who's ahead---"

"I got you two wedding rings, man."

"Okay, okay, you're ahead," she replied, laughing. "But not for long. Happy birthday, Shayne." She then handed me an envelope neatly sealed.

I put down my phone to touch the contents of the envelope, pressing both ends firmly. I even gave it a little sniff: not money. Too bad. Carefully, I undid the seal with my nail and took the papers inside to read the first few lines of the letter.

Mr. Topp:

We are glad to inform you that you have been selected for the role of Christian in the film...

"No way!" I shouted, standing up from my seat. "Did you--- what--- oh my God!"

"Managed to win them over with a video interview a week ago," Courtney replied, smiling brightly. "They contacted me as your video interview person, and I told them all sorts of stuff about you. So now you got three jobs to shuffle."

"Oh my God, I can't believe you did this," I said, embracing her as we jumped like idiots.

"Hey, you were the one who put me in as your contact!" she exclaimed, laughing. "You worked hard for yet another role, and I know you deserve it so bad. It's not the only surprise I have for you though."

"Did I land the Marvel role too?!" I shouted, shaking her by the shoulders.

"You auditioned for a Marvel role?" she asked, weirdly confused as she got another envelope. "No, no! It's not that. Um... I took into consideration what you said a while back, that if I wanted to kinda do more than acting and all that, I should, you know... get a heckin' degree or something."

She handed me an opened envelope with the seal of UCLA on the upper left and I read the contents of the letter excitedly.

Ms. Miller:

Congratulations!

We are glad to inform you that you have been accepted into the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Theater, Film, and Television, under the Department of Film, Television, and Digital Media (FTVDM).