3. Yo, what's your Scooby Snack?

Heeey, guys! How are y'all doing?

So I made a fan account some days ago on Instagram! If you wanna, go follow me @/shourtney.longknee, and let's be friends, yay!

Also, starting next chapter, I'll be updating two hours earlier than my usual (which is 2:00 A.M. in Philippine Standard Time). That means I'll be updating by 12:00 A.M. in the same time zone (of course) because I've been feeling a bit restless lately as I will be undergoing medication for PCOS. It sucks, but it's going well so far and I want to set things right. Wish me the best of luck!

Anyway, amazingly, this book already has 100+ reads on just the third chapter, so thank you guys! Let's get started with Shayne's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

Atty. George was a nice guy, even though sometimes he would drift off to another topic mid-discussion. But we couldn't deny the fact that he was good at his job.

When we returned to the apartment, Courtney decided to tell Ian that she was going absent for the entire day to "ease the toothache" after her "dental checkup," while I had to go to a shoot for The Goldbergs. After one trip to the Smosh office and a trip to Goldbergs set, I had returned to the apartment in the evening, only to see Courtney passed out on the sofa with a box of pizza lying on top of her, half of it uneaten (one slice had a bite though). The TV was still running 90 Day Fiancé, and it was getting heated between Ed and Rose again.

There was a sticky note conveniently placed on top of the box: Shayne, here's dinner. I might fall asleep mid-eating. I'm sorry I ate a bit from one of your slices. I'll cook breakfast tomorrow. I wrote this sleepily. My b.

I smile as I take the pizza box off her chest and place it on the counter. I turn off the TV and unplug everything. It was just nine in the evening, but Courtney had already fallen asleep, presumably because she spent the entire day unpacking and trying a bunch of things out in the apartment. I open the door to my room, now ours, and carefully walk towards her to gently lift her up from the couch. She's light, and I may be tired, but I could easily put her down on the bed and tuck her in.

She still had a bit of makeup on, so I go to the bathroom sink, only to find that she had also placed these shelf boards on the wall next to it. There were six boards, three on each side, and my stuff had occupied one board. Courtney had five shelves going on for her. Makeup stuff took up an entire side, while hair stuff took up one shelf. Other face stuff took up another shelf. In short, she had five, I had one. The hair stuff shelf seemed pretty jam-packed, so I place some of it on my shelf just to save some space. I try to find the makeup remover among the makeup stuff and get her makeup remover pad, which I didn't know existed.

I walk back to the bedroom to gently remove the makeup that I thought was light, but it was extremely heavy makeup. I can't believe women spend hours and money on makeup to make themselves look beautiful, but when I gaze at bare-faced Courtney, I know she doesn't need it to look beautiful. She's just... damn. I mean, she can always put makeup on because she doesn't do it for anyone but for herself, but my heart's beating rapidly as I look at her looking all angelic like that.

I wish it could be like this for the rest of our lives, but we both know that wouldn't work out.

As I turn the lights off in my room, I take a slice of pizza and start eating before grabbing an empty notebook to start writing some stuff down. Atty. Lopez had mentioned that, during the divorce process, we were going to be asked questions about our partners, so we had to take down notes of what we knew about each other in the house.

COURTNEY'S STUFF (in the apartment)
- 3 shelves for makeup, 1½ shelf for hair, 1 for face
- Clothes usually revolve around the colors black, blue, red, gray, white
- She watches 90 Day Fiancé on TLC
- She orders pizza when she gets tired enough to cook
- She sleeps on the bed