8. KFC: Kicks For Children!

Heya! How are you all doing? I hope you guys are safe wherever you are.

First off, 1.6k+ reads is amazing, so thank you all! This also has become my most voted book out of all five, so thank you for that as well!

Our university has announced all protocols for online classes starting this August, and that means I'll be busy again by then. I'll be making one last fan fiction for the meantime, starting right after this one and ending in the first week of August. I made a poll in my Instagram account whether I should write an x Reader one or a Shourtney one, and Shourtney won with a landslide of 83%, so it's a second Shourtney story before we go! It's titled "Girl Stellar," and I won't say much about it for now, but you can see the cover up there in the media section.

Anyway, for now... Courtney's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

Shayne was actually thinking as if he's gonna lose our friendship after the divorce. Stupid me for assuming he had feelings for me too.

Ever since Shayne told me about how this big marriage mistake could potentially ruin the sanctity of our friendship, I've been thinking about a lot of things. First, why would he say that after our little bet? Second, how long had he been thinking about that and why does he think it could break us apart as friends? Third, do I still want to push through with this freaking divorce when I already know it's going to punch me so hard in my gut?

This was stupid. All of it was. As I lazily eat my ice cream, Olivia sighs and says, "You've been so spaced out."

"Sorry," I mumble, putting my ice cream cup back on the table. "Things have been weird lately. Not getting much sleep sucks."

"I actually bought this good sleep essential oil the other day," she tells me, smiling. "There's a store in here somewhere. Wanna buy some?"

"Lead the way, Olivia Sui."

Olivia and I hadn't hung out as much as before, so we declared that July 17, the median date of our birthdays, was officially Courtivia Day. We decided to go to the mall, not because it's basically the only thing to do but because we actually needed to buy a lot of stuff too for our apartments and also for the office. The production team was too busy in a shoot, and both of us were free so we went in their stead and now we're just eating ice cream before buying the stuff we need.

Honestly, I wanted to tell Olivia everything. In fact, I could just drop everything right now (except my ice cream) and tell her about what happened in Vegas just so it'd ease me. But I won't do it, because I kept a promise to Shayne that I wouldn't as he did with me. It just gets a bit difficult sometimes when you realize how heavy the situation is in every single second.

"Hey," Olivia mumbles, pinching my arm. "Wow, you're really tired, aren't you? What's gotten you up at night lately? Boys? Girls? Cute pictures of puppies?"

I sigh. "It's nothing." But it wasn't nothing. Every night was always something else with Shayne, but don't get the wrong idea. By something else, I meant that we were always consistently having fun. Some nights were movie nights, other nights were game nights, most nights were planning nights, many nights were stressful nights, but all nights were amazing nights. It was as if we weren't together for the entirety of the day at work. I wonder how YouTuber couples who work at a studio manage to not get annoyed at each other despite being together all day, or siblings.

The answer to that, of course, was love. Too many times I've avoided that answer, but it comes crashing down when you least expect it. Here's one last month right after the makeover day:

"Hey, Bruce!" Shayne greeted his barber with a handshake. "How you doing?"

"Pretty good, Shayne, my man!" Bruce replied, patting him on the back and getting him seated. "And who's this lovely lady with you today? First time you're bringing a girl with you since... you know who."