Rat

Chapter 34

Alia

We were back on the small road to wherever Shaang told us to go which was Nix Laboratories. The problem is, we have no idea where that is or where we are at. Our goal is to find some sort of sigh or anything that will tell us our location.

"I've heard of Nix Laboratory before." Goldy spoke.

Miles replies, "It's some kind of disease center. I know that they work with the CDC."

"CDC?" Charlie questions, "That's a disease control center or something. Wouldn't the CDC have thee cure?"

"The CDC merely controls diseases. They have people find the cure for them, like Nix Laboratory. Nix sends the cure to the CDC in Atlanta. Nix is actually located in this city." I hear Annette's small voice beside me.

We all look at her with a bit of shock as I spoke, "How would you know that?"

"My mother and father worked for Nix." She replies.

"Guys!" I hear Goldy call, "I think I see buildings!"

She points towards us. As I look out into the distance, there were buildings like a cafe and a small movie house. There were other buildings but I couldn't tell what they were since they were yards away.

Miles directed, "We'll get supplies and head our way to the city."

Charlie adds, "Let's split up into groups."

"I'll stay with Charlie and Annette." I announced.

We all began our way down the road to the buildings. Once we arrived beside the movie house, we separated and searched in the small local stores and gas stations. Annette held onto me while Charlie and I took the remaining cans of food in a gas station.

"What happens when we get to Nix?" Annette asked.

"We get the cure." Charlie tells her.

"Then what?" She asks.

There was a silent pause until I spoke, "We don't know..."

Annette spoke, "This is a really big risk. These scientist could be dead right now, but I know Daddy and Mom are keeping them safe."

I look down and softly run her hair and smiled at her.

"Alia..." I hear Charlie quiver.

I look up to see five men pointing their guns towards us.

One man stepped forward and demanded, "Put you're weapons down!"

I dropped my rifle on the floor while Charlie placed his two pistols on the floor. Charlie and I raised our hands in the air while Annette cowered behind me.

"Little girl! Get away from her and raise your damn hands!" One man shouts at the top of his lungs.

Annette trembled and squealed as a man takes her away from me. I swiftly held on to her not wanting them to take her.

"Let go you rat." The man taking Annette spat at me as he pushed me away.

I fell to the floor. Charlie went to my side and helped me up.

"All of you, get on your knees!" Another man kinged.

I look at Annette and Charlie. If we don't do what they say, they'll kill us. I knelt down to my knees as the rest followed.

"Tie em' up." The man controlled.

A man went up to me with a rope and began tying my hands behind my back. He then put a bag over my head. I couldn't see a thing. I hear Annette cry.