Tilly

Chapter 2

Alia

As Abella drove to Tilly's house, I looked out of the window. People were scared and packing all their belongings. I couldn't believe that Abella would ever forget what I have brought.

I reached in my pocket. I pulled out three things. The first thing I looked at was the crucifix I packed. I held it close to my heart. The next thing I looked at was a small wallet picture of our family. I was at the very middle. My sister, Abellla, was on the right side of me. She had long, straight, light brown hair. My brother, Alvin, was on the left side of me. He had his dark brown hair in a spiky style. My mother, Mabelle, was behind my sister. She had curly, blonde hair. She had a French background which explains Alvin's and Abella's name. Mom was a head surgeon. My father, Garrison, who had a German background named me, so I have a German name. He had fancy brown hair too. He used to be a police officer but then got promoted to a detective. That's probably why we have a bullet proof car windows and a gun safe. We all wore red in the picture. I remember that day well. We were in a white background and we had a lady photographer. I miss them. I want to tell them that I loved them and hug them. But I can't anymore. Abella told me that they were dead. Or maybe even what the radio lady was talking about. I haven't seen one before. I don't know what I should call those... things. I don't want to admit it, but I'm scared. I just woke up to my sister crying and my family dead. I was such in shock that I couldn't even tell what is happening. It's an epidemic... maybe. Tears soaked my eyes. I blinked. It was like a tsunami. Salty tears fell from my eyes. I was balling my eyes out. I started crying louder.

"Abella... I don't want to die." I cried.

Abella looked at me and back at the road.

"I promise I won't let that happen." She told me.

I began crying even more.

"But I don't want you to die. I don't want you to die for me. I would die for you. But please... I don't want to lose anymore family." I begged.

I could see tears building up in Abella's eyes, but it faded away after she looked up and blinked.

"Alia..." her voice croaked,"I don't want you to die for me either. The best thing right now is to survive. We need to survive and win. We could do this. We need to be smart and strong."

I nodded. The next thing I brought was a photo booth strip of me and Abella. There was four small pictures of us. The first one was a regular smile. The second one was Abella kissing me on the cheek. The third one was a silly face. And the last one was the best. I pretended to be a vampire and bit Abella causing her to fall. The shot was Abella falling while I sunk my teeth on her shoulder. I quietly giggled. I felt hot from crying.

I put the three things in my backpack. Inside, I found the gun. I carefully took it out. I found the safety latch and the reload thing Abella was talking about. Twenty-four bullets is what I have in here. I looked at Abella. She was focused on driving. I put the gun on the back of my pants tucked away. The kitchen knife Abella gave me was useless. It would take a lot more strength, but I need the practice. I may have to use a stick one day.

I kept the knife close to me. I put my backpack on as we were getting close to Tilly's house. We passed by three more fancy, brick houses and finally made it to Tilly's house. Abella and I exited the car. Abella made sure to lock the door. I saw Abella pulling out her gun. I held tightly on my kitchen knife. Abella knocked on the door and rung the doorbell.

"Tilly? Open the door!" Abella shouted at the door.

She knocked and rung the doorbell again. This time she banged on the door.