Kenji

Chapter 3

Abella

I drove ahead while Tilly followed. Just around thirty minutes have passed, and people are already on the road to leave the city. I haven't seen any infected walking around, but I'm glad I haven't. It would cause chaos here.

"Hey Abella, make a right at the next turn. There is this old gas station people hardly use. It's smarter to go there." Tilly told me trough the walkie talkie Alia gave me.

"Got it." I told Tilly.

From the distance, I see the highway. It was full of cars. I wonder how we will get out of this city safely.

I reached a stoplight. It was red, but I drove anyways. I turned right and made my way to a gas station. There was a few people. I still kept my gun close to me. I took the keys off the car and locked the doors except the drivers seat. I filled my tank full of gas. The owners let us get free gas to help out the people. I'm glad they would do this for us. Tilly came out with two gas containers. We filled them up as we cautiously watched our surroundings.

"Abella... if I get bit... kill me instantly. Don't even let me know. I don't want to know when I die. I don't want to say goodbyes either. Would you?" Tilly asked.

I was surprised by her question.

"Do you mean kill you on the spot? Tilly, I-"

Tilly interrupted me.

"Abella, I don't want to ask you to kill me. I don't want to kill myself. And I surely don't want to die by those infected. I don't want to end up like them. The best way of dying now is when I least expect it. That means I die without knowing. I just don't know how to explain it..." Tilly quietly told.

"I understand..." I replied.

Just then, we heard a screech. I turned around to a lady getting eaten. I reached for my gun and pulled it out.

"Tilly! Get the tanks inside the car now!" I shouted.

"Holy- Abella... over there!" Tilly pointed over at the road.

There was a horde of infected. My jaw dropped open. This couldn't be real.

"Get in the car. Get in!" I shouted.

Tilly quickly put the tanks at the back of her car and went inside her car. She began driving away but not too far for me to lose her. I turned to my car to get inside.

"Somebody! Help!" I heard a man shouting.

I looked over to a boy maybe around my age. He had a box of food and water. The boy was on his knees because a man with a gun was threatening him. The man wanted the box, but the boy held it tightly against his chest.

I had to leave but... I can't just leave him. Right? I opened my car door.

"Help!" the boy shouted.

"Shut up! Give me your food! The creatures are coming!" the man demanded.

I let out a breath. I closed the car door.

"Abella!" Alia shouted.

"Stay in the car!" I shouted back.

I ran up to the man with my gun.

"Leave the boy alone! There is a horde coming! Just find a different person! Hurry!" I shouted.

I pointed the gun at the man. The man looked at me then at the boy then at the horde. The man lowered his gun.

"Look!" the man shouted.

I looked where he was pointed.

I turned back around to the man punching the boy on the eye. The man stole his goods and ran off. I grabbed the boy's arm.

"Dude, we've got to go! Now! We have a bunch of supplies." I screamed.

The boy quickly got up and ran with me. I took my car keys out and unlocked the car fast. I shoved him inside the vehicle. I then went back to the driver's seat. I locked the doors and turned the engine on. Tilly was waiting for me feets away.

"Oh my gosh! Abella!" Alia shouted.

The infected banged against my car. I put my car on four wheel drive and on reverse. I drove back and away from the infected.

"Guys hold on to your seats!" I shouted.

I put the car on drive and trampled some infected.

"Hey boy!" I shouted.

I have him my gun.

"Shoot at the gas tanks when I say go!" I told him.

He nodded.

I put the car on reverse and drove backwards until I reached into another parking lot.

"Go!" I screamed.

The window was already rolled open. The boy shot six times until the tanks caught a spark. The gas station exploded causing guts and limbs flying all over the place. The car shook from the explosion. It was a wreck. The horde has been destroyed.

He rolled the window back up.

"Was that you?!" Tilly asked from the walkie talkie.

"No..." I sighed in relief. "That was my friend I just picked up."

I turned around to the guy. He was clearly Asian. He was covered in dirt and blood too.

"My name is Abella and that's my sister Alia." I told him.

"I'm Kenji." He replied.

He looked around.

"Make yourself at home. Welcome to the crew." I told him.

He had a big smile. I threw him a water bottle.

"We have a ton of that. It could last us around a month. Our goal right now is to find a safe haven. We thought the outskirts of the city is the safest place." I explained to him.

I put the car on drive and began driving to Tilly.

"That's smart. But that horde... it's gonna get bigger. We have to leave fast." Kenji suggested.

"I know... that's the bad thing living in a populated city.

"Abella, hurry." Alia quietly nudged.

"Alia, we'll be fine." I told her.

I finally made it to Tilly which then I followed her lead. We drove to a interstate highway leading somewhere we don't know. That was the worst idea we have ever made. We were stuck in traffic.

After an hour of waiting, we saw something in the distance. My heart began beating am faster. I stopped breathing for a few seconds. I began to swear and panic. Kenji was right. There was a giant horde if infected headed our way. Alia, Tilly and Kenji were terrified. I was too.

********************************************************

Hey guys! Thanks for everyone reading! Especially, KiittyCatt and Tsureki for supporting me by commenting and voting. It really does mean a lot. The story will begin to progress more and don't worry guys! More chapters will come. I update like everyday anyways. And this is my first day if writing this. I'm so glad on how well it turned out. Thanks for all the support!

~Bunfoo ^-^