Chapter Twenty: Hell to Pay

Carter is the first one to wake up, her hair falling in her face like a curtain. She goes to push it back but quickly realizes her hands are restrained behind her back. She whips her head around until she's able to see again. Immediately, she realizes that she in Apartment Thirteen. It looks exactly like Hensley last left it minus the black curtains protecting the white walls and the window. She's restrained to her friends, Oscar on one side of her, Pierre on the other.

"Mother fucker," Carter curses, thrashing against her restraints.

Her movement causes Pierre to wake up, though he doesn't pick his head up.

"Come on, Perry," Carter pleads.

He slowly looks up, turning his head to face Carter as much as he can.

"Lovie, what's happening?" he asks.

"I don't fucking know. Wake up whoever's next to you."

Pierre starts to nudge Jade, though she unresponsive. However, her body shaking with Pierre's nudges wakes up Yumi.

"What's going on?" Yumi asks.

"I don't know," Pierre sighs. "Can we please just focus on getting all of us out of here?"

Jade finally starts to stir, leaning her head onto Pierre's shoulder.

"Jay? Are you alright?" Pierre asks.

"Kill me," she croaks, sitting up.

"What happened to you?" Yumi asks her.

"I came here to talk to Hensley and suddenly, her eyes went red and she choked me out. Jesus fuck, I really know how to pick them, don't I?"

She tries to pick her head up but immediately collapses back on Pierre again. All he wants to do is wrap an arm around her to offer support but he can't with his hands behind his back. Carter throws her shoulder into Oscar, desperate to wake him up. But he doesn't. He's still slouched over, unresponsive.

"Come on, motherfucker. Wake the fuck up," she snaps.

The sound of metal on the wall slowly getting closer down the hall. Hensley comes into view, dragging a knife along the wall as she walks. However, her entire demeanour is different, darker. She's in all black clothing, her hair tied back in a tight ponytail. She twirls the knife in her hands, a twisted smirk over her face.

"Aw," she taunts. "So this is what it comes down to?"

"What the fuck is this, Hensley?" Carter demands.

Hensley doesn't answer her, she just laughs as she gets close to her, putting the tip of the knife on Carter's neck, just below her chin. She tilts it up, forcing Carter to look at her. In that moment, she finally sees Hensley's eyes. Gone is the soft brown colour and in it's place is a dark, malicious red. Hensley's gaze turns to Oscar and she steps back from Carter to approach him. She grabs his face and forces him to look up.

"Jeez. I really need to remember that blood loss makes you require less sedative next time," she curses.

She releases him and his head falls forward again. Hensley leaves the room only to come back with a needle.

"What is that?" Yumi asks, her voice shaking.

"Relax, it's just the antidote for the sedative. I don't want Oscar missing out on any of the fun," she scoffs.

Hensley puts the needle into Oscar's shoulder and injects him with the med. As she does so, she watches his face as he slowly comes to.

"Good morning, Sunshine," she taunts, pulling the needle from his arm.