Chapter Seven: Sour Notes

Oscar pounds his fist against Pierre's door, his stomach in knots. He can barely wait one minute before he tries knocking again. He bounces between his toes and his heels, desperate for the other male to open the door and greet him. He crosses his arms, shaking his head. He's nervous, his whole body shaking. Then, he sighs and knocks again.

"Perry?" Oscar calls out. "It's Oscar. Open the door."

Oscar leans in to put his head on the wood just to hear someone moving in the Apartment. He steps back and knocks again. After a minute, Pierre cracks open his door just enough to stick his face out. When he sees Oscar, he tries slamming the door but Oscar moves closer, blocking it with his body. He pushes in, confused and scared for his friend. Pierre backs up as Oscar shoves the door open, raising an eyebrow in concern. When he sees the state Pierre's in, his heart drops.

Pierre's eyes are bright red and tears stain his cheeks. He looks like he didn't sleep and spent the majority of the night crying. Oscar approaches Pierre before the latter can push him away and drags him into a hug. Pierre shakes in his arms as he sobs, his arms finding their place around Oscar's waist. He sobs a couple times, seeking comfort in Oscar's grasp.

"It's okay," Oscar whispers. "I'm here and you're okay."

Slowly, Pierre's tears stop and he looks up to meet Oscar's gaze. Oscar lets Pierre go and grabs onto his face, pulling him into a kiss. Pierre drops his hands to Oscar's hips as they kiss, keeping his boyfriend close to him. After a minute, they separate staring into each other's eyes.

"What happened? Are you okay? Your voicemail this morning freaked me the fuck out," Oscar tells him.

"Voicemail?"

Oscar pulls out his phone and opens his voicemail, playing the message Pierre left him in the early hours of the morning.

"Oscar? Oscar, please answer your phone. Don't do this. Please just talk to me."

Pierre's mouth drops open and his heart starts to beat out of his chest.

"I didn't leave you that last night. I didn't call you."

"Yeah you did." He checks his call history. "Missed call from Pierre Duvall at 1:28 am. At that time with the message you left, fuck I thought someone broke into my place and start sending you breakup texts from my phone. I didn't know what was happening and I was worried about you. I had to make sure you were okay."

"I just had a really freaky nightmare last night. I don't think I woke up and called you."

"Well regardless of what you think you did, this message was left on my phone from your number. Baby, just, what happened?"

"It was just a bad nightmare. My entire room was plastered with rejection letters from absolutely everyone. And from universities, workplaces, everywhere. Baby, it was basically a series of my worst nightmares coming true."

Tears start running down Pierre's cheeks. He looks down to avoid having Oscar's gaze. His boyfriend approaches him and pulls him into a kiss, putting his arms around Pierre's waist. After a minute, he breaks the kiss.

"How about this," Oscar suggests. "Why don't you and I go through your entire room and make sure that there's nothing in there so you know it was just a nightmare? You're okay. I promise that you're okay."

Pierre nods, tears in his eyes. Oscar presses a kiss to his cheeks then walks past him, entering Pierre's room. Pierre sighs and slowly follows him. When he gets in there, he sees his boyfriend already going through the room.

"Baby, we're going to settle this easily," Oscar promises. "This was just a nightmare and this is all going to be over."

-13-