Chapter 24

Edward's POV

                "Carlisle, do mind me asking what your middle name is?" Dylan asked politely. 

                That question surprised him.  "Huh?  Oh, it's Bielefeld" Carlisle answered, looking down. 

                Carlisle would sometimes swap the last name we go by from Cullen to Bielefeld.  Though, he never really told us that it was his middle name. 

                "Ha, no way!" a smaller boy with black hair laughed. 

                "Where's Bella hiding?" Dylan asked, looking around with en evil grin. 

                "Bella?" Carlisle echoed. 

                "Bella's an eavesdropper!" Jonathan shouted. 

                "And you're loud" Bella retorted. 

                She was hiding around the corner. 

                Carlisle - No, it can't be her!  Stop it, Carlisle, she's long dead.

                Bella looked down, then back up at Carlisle.  She was torn between dread, happiness, and nervousness, according to Jasper.  Damn it, why can't I read her mind?

                "I guess neither of us bothered to come home to check on the family" Bella chuckled as she walked a few paces away from her hiding spot.  "To any of you who don't know, I'm Isabella Bielefeld, preferring to be called Bella."

                "Oh... my... God" Carlisle said slowly, in complete shock. 

                "Never been called God before" Bella grinned.  "What's wrong, Carlie, you look like you've just seen a ghost."

                "Bella!" Carlisle cheered, bolting for her. 

                He grabbed her and started to spin her around.  He had this big, stupid smile going from one ear to the other.  I was starting to wonder if that was Carlisle and not some replacement.  The others were thinking the same thing. 

                Jasper and Esme - What the hell just happened?

                Everyone except for Alice, that is.  She had already seen this happen. 

                Alice - I knew it!

                Emmett and Rosalie were nowhere to be seen, neither was Brandon or Jonathan. 

                I could just barely hear a squeal of delight and couldn't help but laugh. 

                "It seems Rosalie has been shown her favorite room" I laughed. 

                "Which room would that be?" Bella asked.