Ignite

My eyes are fixed on a distant but familiar face. I pulled into the grocery store's parking lot and what are the chances? There was Victor. I heard he had visited me in the hospital a few times before I woke up. He never knew I was awake and here I am. It feels weird. His gaze meets mine and I watch his eyes light up as he looks shocked and happy at the same time.

"Holy shit dude, when did you get out?!" He shouted, a little too loud

"Last night, but none of my phone bills are paid, so I couldn't call."

"It doesn't matter anyway, what matters is that you're alright, man. We should celebrate tonight! You coming to school on monday?"

"Yeah, I'm coming back on monday, and  celebrate? How?"

"This girl from school invited me to a party and said bring whoever I want to. What are the chances, man? I wasn't even going to go because I had no one to go with."

"Sounds rad, when should I pick you up?"

"I'll pick you up, man. I got a car now, so you can't be a dick about me not having one anymore."

That's true, I did tease him about it once I got my car.

"Okay, I'll be ready. I'm just getting groceries and I'm going to try to get a hair cut. I'll see you tonight."

Vic hugged me in a "Brohug" and then said a casual goodbye. A party could do me some good.

I chose a shorter haircut than normal. Still past my ears on the side, but shorter than usual. I got ready for the party by putting on my black ripped skinnies and a nice, red plaid button up.  Nice and casual with my black lowtop Converse. I need to go clothes shopping. The honk from outside woke me from my thoughts and I went outside to see Vic. The guy is driving our dream car. A Nissan Skyline R32, in white with a black front lip. His turn to be a dick now. I hopped in and we drove to the party.

The thump of bass and the smell of liquour were all your senses could pick up. A nice playlist of electro and dubstep played, and I recognized some of the artists as being on the Monstercat label. Avoiding conversations was almost impossible, but thankfully I had met almost everyone at the party in the past, so I wouldnt have any visions. Then I meet new people. This isn't good.

I ended up talking to a really cute girl I've never met. I saw everything play out infront of me. I saw how we ended up breaking up after finding out she cheated on me. Well that's helpful. This happened a few more times with different girls. I ended up talking to one girl who stood out. She had long purple hair, and very pretty blue eyes. I opened my mouth and said hi, and as she said hello back, the strangest thing happened. Nothing at all.

"Uhm, I know this may seem really odd... but have we ever met? My name is Yuri."

"Never." She looked right in my eyes and smiled after she said it, but it had a hint of something. It was almost a smirk...