Yet To Show

Her house had a very modern vibe to it. It was also noticeably clean, as though no one had used anything in the room since the last time it was cleaned. She lead me to a living room type space and then walked into the kitchen. The only thing seperating the two rooms was the kitchen island.

"Make yourself at home." she called out, loud enough so that I could hear it, but not any louder than necessary.

"Who else lives here?" I said while taking a seat on the sofa.

"I live here alone." She responded back.

"Really? Why is that?" I replied.

She began to walk towards me holding a white mug in each hand. "Because I prefer to live on my own than with my family. Would you like some sugar or cream?" She was now infront of me and holding one cup out towards me.

"I feel as though you should have asked that before you brought it to me. I'm fine without, thank you though." I smiled genuinely at her as I replied and then took  a sip of the coffee.  "It's very good."

She sat down on the other side of the sofa, her body was turned slightly to face me as mine was to face hers. We sat in silence for a moment, taking sips from our mugs. Even though it was silent, it didn't feel very awkward. Well, not to me, atleast.

"Would you like to watch a movie?" She asked suddenly.

"Sure, if it's no problem for you. What would you like to watch?" I asked before I took another sip from my mug and then set it down on the coffee table infront of me.

So we watched a movie. The Lion King. Disney movies are great, in my opinion. Near the end of the movie she fell asleep. It was rather adorable, really. I wasn't sure if I should wake her or not. The movie ended and so I started to get up, but I heard her mumble. "Don't go..." I turned to her, thinking she was asleep. She was awake and looking deep into my eyes.

"Alright." I smiled and sat back down. "I thought you were asleep."

"I was just resting my eyes." She said tiredly. The sun was setting and the sun was shining through the windows onto the two of us. "Why are you staring at me?" she said after a minute or two.

"Sorry, I must have zoned out." I said and looked away. 

"I'm surprised by you." She said and then sat up against the arm rest.

"Why is that?"

"Because you didn't ask yet." I furrowed her brow slightly and it was rather adorable. 

"What was I supposed to ask?" 

"Why you didn't have a vision with me." She said so plainly, as though it was regular to her. I looked at her in surprise. 

"Wh-what...? How do you..." I stumbled out of my mouth, so surprised. How did she know? How could she know? A thousand thoughts crossed my mind. 

"You're not the only one, you know." She leaned closer to me. I was still in shock. "You couldn't see the future before you hit your head, right?"

"No..."

"Then the hit must have triggered it. Some of us are born with it. It's incredibly rare even in that case. You see, realistically everyone could have this ability. It's somewhere in the brain."

"You're kidding, right?"

"No, not kidding." She smiled gently. I could hear how heavy my breathing was. My heart was trying to escape my chest. I was incredibly anxious and I couldn't believe any of this. How could I? How could anyone? But I believed her. It was the only explanation I've had for it since it happened. 

"There are more people like this..? Is it like a cult or something?" I asked, fairly serious.

"Don't be stupid, it's not like an underground society of future seers. There are others. How else would I know about it? I was thinking the same as you when I didn't see our future, you know. I usually keep to myself, but you came and approached me. " 

"Well what now?"