Still Walking

I stared right at the girl, mouth open, no words to say. I realized quickly just how odd this was, and to prevent anything else, I walked away. Nothing else, I just walked away.

I continued down the street, towards the bus stop. The last thing I wanted to do was start a conversation with someone and have another of these vision. As I boarded the bus, I felt pretty releaved that no one tried to talk to me. I didn't even see anyone that I knew, which was pretty odd, since a lot people from my school use the bus on saturday. Oh well, lucky me I guess. The doctor told me that someone had come and cleaned my house a few times while I was in the hospital. I'm still not sure whether I should be thankful, or if that's just a little odd... Well, I can't really fuss anyway, since I've been in a coma for quite a while.

I could see the street name as I stepped off the bus. "Ocean City Crescent" I mumbled, for no particular reason. It's just the name of my street. It feels almost nostalgic, not being here for so long. The sign I used to barely glance at everyday that I left the house now seems so much more... meaningful. It's just that sense of home I never used to have about this place. Being stuck in the hospital, where the stench of bleach desperately trying to cover the smell of sickness and disease is enough to make you uneasy, has really made me miss this place. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and fiddled with them until I got the key for the front door into place. I opened the door and the scent of home flooded my nose. It's crazy how much I missed this place that I used to hate. Everything in the house was clean, and I could still smell a hint of windex. As I closed the door, I noticed my car keys hanging on my key rack. I really missed being behind the wheel of my car.

I woke up the next morning and noticed a bunch of clean clothes all over my room. It's surprising that I never noticed until now, but I guess I was just too tired to notice last night. I turned on the shower and realized how badly I missed having my own house again. I blow dried my hair and realized how badly I needed a haircut. I needed to pick up a bunch of things, and get groceries as well, so I figured I can get one while I'm out in town. I grabbed the key and hopped into my precious car. As I turned the key, I almost expected her to not start. She started better than she ever had before, and I caught the biggest grin on my face. I think it's time to restart. The past is the past. I survived what could have been my death, and I'm back to normal health. As soon as I said that to myself, it hit me.

I'm not normal. I've got to figure this psychic shit out.

*Welp I wanna work on this some more, since I've actually regained my interest. More to come~*