Chapter Twenty Three

GRIPPING HOLD on Samantha's hand

GRIPPING HOLD on Samantha's hand. The disgruntled feeling kept stirring in him. Threats continuously, toss his way, tipping the verdict actuality. None of the needing facts amounted to something, apart from protecting his families.

All along he'd been the root of the problems arising in his loved once life. What further damage will he continue inflicting to them?

Nathaniel has all along been the hazard in his household. The obstacles blocking the tranquility his family sorted out for in life.

For God's sake, Natasha died all because of this of his selfish past. How can he live with that? All along unknowingly to him, thinks she'd been killed by accident. But meanwhile, she was murdered.

And hell, if he was going to let it repeat itself on Samantha-not when he's beginning to love her. Not ever again.

"Nate, what's going on? Where are you taking me?" Samantha broke the silence of the long, dim hallway.

Still pulling her along with him. His gripping assigned on her left wrist, held tightly, not wanting her to slip like an eel from his hand, from his heart, from his life.

"Nathaniel?" Samantha called out to him again. But this time around, she held to her feet. Nathaniel wanted nothing more than to throw her over his shoulder, and of this place, with the kids somewhere safer. "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's really going on here."

"Sam now isn't the time for this," Nathaniel spoke through his clenched teeth, expecting something different, but was disappointed when Samantha snatched her wrist from his grip.

"When will there ever be time, Nate? All of a sudden, we find out the name of the man behind all our problems, am the next you're dragging me off to whatever place. Without an explanation, I'm not leaving this place. So you better begin with one." She wrapped her arms around her chest, posing stiffly.

Nathaniel groans out frustrated. Pinching between his eyes, the dead night moonlight hit the hallway, directly on Samantha illuminating her flawless beauty.

Nathaniel wondered why a beauty like her would feel such insecurities, about herself. Samantha's beauty was a rare one to find, she was beautiful inside-out. Qualities women of nowadays like.