Chapter Five

A SOFT but hard object hitting Nathaniel's right shoulder snapped him off his brooding thought

A SOFT but hard object hitting Nathaniel's right shoulder snapped him off his brooding thought. Unconsciously rubbing where the ball had touched.

"Come on man, get your head in the game!" James shouted at the far end of the basketball court, staring at him disapprovingly.

"Sorry." He leans down picking up to ball tossing it back at him.

"Okay, that just about enough". Dylan spoke from James's side. "You're going to tell us what wrong with you." He strides to where Nathaniel stood.

Nathaniel shrugs it off, trying to dodge the question, but both his brothers weren't having it.

"Forget it."

"No."

Nathaniel groans in frustration. "I said forget it." He pressed on snatching the ball off James' hand to resuming playing.

"We not moving from here until you speak," James said not resisting the glare Nathaniel shot his way.

Nathaniel wanted nothing more but openly speak with them-but as usual, his pride hit the better of him. Spending minutes playing-he had expected his brothers to join.

From the corner of his eyes, he could see them both seated on the floor with their backs against the wall.

Playing off his frustration on the game, Nathaniel finally stopped when he'd gotten the relief he sorted.

Trudging towards his brothers he leans down picking a towel and bottled water. Gulping half of the content down his throat he sighs in relief before wiping the sweat off him.

Carefully eyeing his brothers Nathaniel moved sitting by their sides with one stretched forward and the other bent with his arms resting on it while he held onto the bottled water.

"Samantha moved in to take care of the kids." Nathaniel finally said out after a while.

Dylan's furrow his brow on confusion. "Samantha? As in your sister-in-law?" Nathaniel nodded. "So? I don't see no cause to be brooding about that."