Chapter Twenty

Nathaniel felt the atmosphere changed, the minute he stepped his feet into the living room

Nathaniel felt the atmosphere changed, the minute he stepped his feet into the living room. The eerily silence wasn't comforting and encouraging

Kenneth's frolicking mood, couldn't be sensed like normal bases, Olivia's burbling was utterly silent and dull.

He knew something wasn't right at all. Deep down he dreaded what was to come soon. Something wasn't right. Something big was coming up.

Fear couldn't define what Nathaniel was experiencing at the moment. The intense feeling, made his knee weaken, almost giving himself away.

The full presence of Samantha's blank stare, piercing gaze pointed straight at him. Proved there was defiantly something wrong somewhere.

"Sam?" He whispered, moving cautiously close to her. The children not insight. Probably having their nap.

The intense gaze Samantha still shot at the gun, made him freeze where he stood. This past few mouths Nathaniel knew Samantha, she'd never been the one to send such, eyes burning in rage, at him, or directed at anyone else.

Samantha has always been one to keep in her emotions, sometimes. Must be from her sensitive heart, and calm nature. Naturally, she was made for someone like him.

Someone who couldn't control himself, someone who couldn't think straight without the past catching upon him.

Nathaniel knew the good news, he had for Samantha eventually died, at the tip of his tongue-concerning the tight atmosphere.

"Is there something you aren't telling me?" Samantha broke the long, stretched silence. Not moving an inch from where she sat. Arms crossed around her chest. A painful hurt somehow, visibly shown.

Confused and surprised as ever, Nathaniel's face broke out in a full grin. "You know? That's good news, even-"

Samantha's scoff cut her short. "Good news?" She shook her head in disbelief, muttering incoherent words under her breath. "You've got to be kidding me, Nathaniel."

Nathaniel?

She'd never called him that since three months ago. What went wrong?

The full name terms, brought a painful pinch in Nathaniel's chest, making him visibly rib on it. To smooth out the pain, a bit.