Chapter Seven

Unedited

Unedited

THE DOOR bell ringing at the front door, straightened Nathaniel's spine as he pivot from the chair he sat on, gazing at the window he noticed a blue 1998 Volkswagen at the driveway-far different from his BMW.

Beetle Volkswagen? Who uses such old car?

His brow quirk at the sight of the poor looking car. It was very disturbing to imagine Samantha sitting in such vehicle, the possibility of the car accident rate-almost made Nathaniel run down the stairs to prevent her from going anywhere.

The urge to knock some senses into his head filled Nathaniel's mind. He could stop the irritation he felt at the thought of someone wanting to take her out for a date.

Nathaniel had no answer for such feeling-except a brotherly feelings. The urge to protect her and give the unseen man a lecture heightened that he found himself pushing open his office door, striding down the staircase.

His heart clench at the sight of Samantha pulling open the front door to welcome in a red haired man with round big glasses-almost covering his whole face, with his oversized shirt and trouser.

A staid man this Brandon was, certainly not Samantha's type. He duly noted.

But what was her type?

Nathaniel begin finding himself noting it all down. With someone like Samantha she deserves a strong healthy man who'd stand up for her in any course of danger, a man who'd love and cherish her, a man good enough for her, a man who'd kiss her every morning telling her how lovely and beautiful she's every day. A man like hi..

Nathaniel senses froze at the words coming to his head. He gulp down his saliva-already feeling his throat dried up. His palm became sweaty, his whole body hot and burning.

This wasn't how it should all be.

He could well remember what took place four days ago; that night Samantha had sort his comfort tight in his embrace. The closure brought a warmth Nathaniel had ever experience.