Chapter 6

Chapter 6: I've lost him...

Piper's POV:

Desolate: adj. a feeling of great unhappiness or lonliness

Riley's brilliant idea was to take me for ice-cream at the Gelato store around the corner.

I had to admit it was an incredible idea and it made me feel a lot better.

I told Riley everything else that  happened as she drove us back to her apartment. She was so understanding and supportive, it was no wonder my mom knew I would open up to Riley.

She helped me with all my bags and we went inside. The apartment was dark, clearly it was empty.

"See, I told you James wouldn't be here," Riley says, flicking the lights on.

"I guess," I say weakly.

"Hey, so do you want to watch a movie?" Riley asks enthusiastically.

"Sure, why not," I say.

Riley then proceeds to make popcorn; get blankets and turn the lights off. She then starts my favourite romance  movie, 'A Walk To Remember'.

Close to the end of the movie, James walks in.

"Hey babe," he says leaning down to kiss Riley.

It makes me sad, knowing that'll never be Finn and I.

"Hey, Pipes," he says, as he rubs my head, messing up my hair.

"James," I whine and fix my hair.

"Whatcha watching?" he asks as he flops down next to Riley, throwing his arm around her.

"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it" the main character recites the iconic line of the movie.

"A Walk To Remember," Riley says and smiles up at James.

"Ugh, chick-flick. I'm out," he says.

He removes his arm from behind Riley and gets up off of the couch, and starts walking up the stairs.

"Call me when it's over and we can do something that's actually fun," he says before disappearing upstairs.

Riley and I laugh and once the movie is finished, Riley suggests we prank James.

"James said he wants to do something fun, so why don't we prank him?" Riley says, with a devious smile on her face.

"You and I, prank someone? How's that going to work?" I laugh, "Neither of us knows the first thing about pranking someone."

"Actually, I know a little something about it," Riley confesses.

"What?" I ask in absolute shock.

"Yeah, I used to prank your brother all the time, leading up to Internationals," she says.

I laugh and then we start coming up with a plan.

-------------------------------
Third Person:

James rushes down the stairs, as he hears Riley crying from downstairs.
He sees his sister consoling a sobbing Riley on the couch.

"Babe, what's wrong? Why are you crying? What happened?" he freaks out.

Riley lifts her head up to look at James and breaks out into even harder sobs.

"Riles, babe, you're scaring me. What's going on?" he says and he grabs her hands and pulls her into a standing position and then into his arms.

Riley hugs him for a few seconds, before removing her arms from around his waist and taking a few steps back.