Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Retail Therapy...

Piper's POV:

After hours of shopping Riley and I head to my favorite restaurant, as it was starting to get dark outside.

The restaurant wasn't too full, which was perfect, so we could get a table that over-looked a beautiful stream.

Riley's POV:

Piper and I shopped for hours.

"I'm surprised you lasted that long," Piper laughs.

"Please you forget that Emily is my sister. When I was your age, Emily made us go shopping like almost every single day," I say.

Piper laughs. It's good to see her laughing, but I'm still really worried about her.

We head back to my car to put away all the bags and then head to Piper's favorite restaurant.

Once we get inside we are seated at a window-side table that has the most beautiful view.

The waiter came to the table to introduce himself and to take our drink orders. Once he came back with our drinks, he took our meal orders and left again.

"OK, I kept my word and I didn't mention anything for hours. It's time to talk, Piper," I say pretty bluntly.

She looks down sadly and I see tears in her eyes. I lean over the table to grab her hands and hold them in mine.

"Piper," I say slowly not wanting to make the situation worse, "Please, talk to me."

She continues to look down and I can hear her breathing stagger.

"Please, whatever it is I'm sure we can fix it. Is it boy trouble?" I ask.

She doesn't say anything, she just nods, as a single tear falls down her cheek.

It breaks my heart to see Piper like this. The last time I saw her this upset was when I cheated on James with Alfie.

"Piper, what happened? Trust me whatever it is, I can help. I can assure you that it can't be worse than anything I have done or been through. And whatever it is, I'm going to be there for you, I promise," I reassure her.

Piper's POV:

"Piper, what happened? Trust me whatever it is, I can help. I can assure you that it can't be worse than anything I have done or been through. And whatever it is, I'm going to be there for you, I promise," I reassure her.

"Trust me it's worse," I tell her.

"Then tell me exactly what happened," she says sympathetically.

I inhale and exhale slowing before nodding my head.

"OK. Do you remember Finn?" I ask her.

"Yes, is he the guy?" Riley asks, "Nice job, Pipes. He's gorgeous."

Usually that would make me fall over from laughing, but given my recent mood, all I'm able to do is give a weak smile.

"Yeah, he is, the guy I mean, not gorgeous. Not that I'm saying he's not attractive, which he is. OK, not the point," I say, "You see he asked me out last year, throughout the entire year and after a certain amount of times of me rejecting him, he stopped asking me out and we became best friends. Then, Finn asked Amy out on a date and asked for my help to plan it and I couldn't say no," I tell her.

"Why not? Why did you have to agree to help him plan the date?" she asks me curiously.

"We had this challenge happening, where I had to say yes to everything for an entire day," I say.

Riley laughs and then tells me that her and James had a similar challenge where they had to act like each other for a day.

"Well, we went on the fake date I helped him plan for Amy and it was literally the most perfect date ever," I confess to Riley, "That's when I realized that I liked him, but it was too late because he was on a date with Amy,"

"Aww Pipes, I'm so sorry," she tells me.

"That's not the worst part. After that day, I started avoiding Finn and when we got into Dancemania I started becoming really jealous of Finn and Amy. Amy then figured out that I liked Finn, but I was able to convince her that I didn't. The day after we got into Dancemania was the worst. We were in rehearsals as day and all Finn wanted to do was be around me, because I had been avoiding him for a week and a half," I say.

"OK, what happened after that?" Riley asks.

"Well Finn confronted me after figuring out that I liked him and after he forced me to come clean, he kissed me," I confess.

She screams. My eyes widen, as I jerk my hands away from hers and shoot her an unimpressed look.

"Riley," I scold her with a hint of panic and a hint of embarrassment in my voice.

People are now staring at us. Riley waves a round of apologies to the people staring and slowly they all turn to look away from us.

"He kissed you," she gushes, "I'm confused as to why this is such a bad thing. Isn't it a good thing when your crush kisses you?" she asked.

"Not when your crush is dating your best friend and still continues to date your best friend after he kissed you," I tell her.

We hear someone clear their throat and we both look up to see our waiter holding two plates of food and looking insanely uncomfortable.

"Urm, your food. This one is for you," he says putting Riley's plate in front of her, "And this one's for you," he says as he puts my plate down and shoots me a very awkward look.

"Enjoy," he says, giving us a final look, before turning around and walking away.

"Well that was embarrassing," I say.

"So, Finn is dating Amy, but he kissed you?" she asks.

"Yes, and the guilt is destroying me. Today, Finn and I had to do a lover's dance, where I had to steal him away from his girlfriend and the theme of the dance was betrayal. It felt way too real and I couldn't even look at Amy all day. This is going to ruin my friendship with Amy. I've lost both my best friends in the process."

"Piper, I'm so sorry," she says sincerely.

"Yeah, me too."

"But I know something that will cheer you up," she says way too confidently.

"OK?" I say, curiously.

Even though it was more of a question than an answer. I'm intrigued to know what Riley has in mind...

----------------------------------
A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

:)