Chapter 3

Chapter 3: You And I Were A Big Mistake...

Piper's POV:

"OK, everyone. The producer from Dancemania is coming to film some behind the scenes footage. Exciting times, I know, but I need you on your best behavior. Anything that they film can be seen by millions of people. OK, they're here, they're here, they're here," Nick says excitedly.

The producer walks in, with a camera man, as everyone quickly fixes their appearance.

He introduces himself, as Sean and his camera man, Mitch. He tells us what he is looking for and tells us to be exciting, also that we need to pretend the camera is not there. How am I meant to do that, I'm a dancer, not an actress. He then asks for a tour and Richelle, being Richelle, obviously offers, being "The Face Of Absolute Dance" and all. He hilariously declines, deflating Richelle's ego and asks Kingston to give him the tour. As they leave, Nick tells us to warm up and rushes off to catch up with the producer.

Amy comes up to me as I start stretching.

"Isn't this so cool?" she asks me.

I feel so guilty, I can barely even look at her.

"Yeah, it's great. I'm so excited," I lie.

"Why don't we go stretch with the other girls, I'm sure Richelle's ego needs a little boosting," I say giving off a fake laugh to mask my uncomfort.

"OK," she says awkwardly and we go join the others.

"It's OK, I didn't even wanna show Sean around anyway," Richelle says, pretending not to be upset.

"Oh, Richelle, are you upset to know that someone didn't know who you are?" Kenzie asks sarcastically.

We all laugh, as Richelle pouts. It's good for her giant ego to be deflated occasionally.

"Shut up," Richelle says and walks off to go warm up alone.

The other girls and I continue to make small talk, as Kingston comes back with Sean and Mitch, with Nick following behind them.

Sean tells us all to sit down, so Kingston joins us and we all sit down on the studio's floor.

Sean starts to explain a little bit about Dancemania and then he said he wanted to see how we perform under pressure.

He then divides us into two groups, with Finn and I in the same group. Ugh, this is going to be a disaster. Avoiding Finn today is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

Sean then gives each group a storyline and the first group gets love and mine and Finn's group gets betrayal. How ironic... He then leaves and gives us an hour to come up with a dance.

I then walk over to my group and Richelle talks charge.

"OK, can I get Finn in between Lily and Piper?" Richelle asks, as Finn moves between Lily and I.

I feel so uncomfortable being this close to Finn, but I have to mask it because we are around other people and I don't want anyone to be suspicious that something might be going on.

"Finn and Lily, you guys are gonna be in love and Piper I want you to be so in love with Finn that you are going to try and steal him away," Richelle says.

Do we have to go with this concept? Is there any way we can change things up.

Finn and I immediately start trying to get the storyline to be anything else or at least someone else to do it instead of me. Then Lily questions what is going on and it's really bad. Great now they are suspicious. I play it off as Finn and I having no chemistry. I wish that was true though.

Finn's POV:

"Finn and Lily, you guys are gonna be in love and Piper I want you to be so in love with Finn that you are going to try and steal him away," Richelle says.

Oh no, this is bad. Couldn't Richelle choose any other concept. Like I've already created such a bad situation and this is just going to make things worse.

Piper and I immediately start trying to get the storyline to be anything else or trying to convince either Richelle or Kenzie to do it instead of Piper. Then Lily questions what is going on and it's really bad. Great now they are suspicious. Piper plays it off as her and I having no chemistry. It kinda hurts, until I realize what she was doing and I help her convince them.

We cannot do this dance routine, I mean me leaving my girlfriend for Piper, worst idea, too real...

Richelle stops us and tells us to be professional, as there is a camera right behind us. I turn around to look at the camera and Richelle scolds me, as she tells me to turn around.

She then asks if Piper and I can keep it cool. Why wouldn't we keep it cool? I mean it's not like anything happened that would make us lose our cool. You know, I just kissed my best friend, who happened to be my girlfriend's best friend as well. No biggie...

We then head to Studio 1 to start choreographing the routine. Richelle rudely kicks B-Troupe out, telling them they can have the space back in an hour.

Piper's POV:

After Richelle rudely kicks B-Troupe out of Studio 1, we start choreographing the dance. It's really good, until it came to mine and Finn's part. Richelle showed us what she wanted and there was no way I was doing that.

"Can't we do something else?" I plead.

"No, this is what looks best and this is what's going to make us win. Now suck it up and do it," Richelle says, obviously getting annoyed with Finn and I.

We run through the dance until Richelle is happy and then we leave to return back to Studio A just in time for Sean to come back and tell us to begin. He says that the other group will go first. Their theme is love and as I watch it, it makes me so sad that I'm not going to feel that way for a very long time. It also makes me feel so guilty to see Amy that happy.

-------------------------------
A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter.

:)